BGT60TR13C hang after running for long time

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chengwc
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First reply posted

HI, I run MATLAB code to collect data from BGT60TR13C and do analysis. The program was running fine until I keep it running for about 2 days, then it shows "IFX_ERROR_NO_DEVICE" error message. The error  occurred again even I restarted my program. I can only run my program again after I unplugged and plugged the USB. It seems that my PC cannot find the USB after running for long.

May I know anyone face the similar problem, and any suggestion to solve it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @chengwc ,

Once you run the code in MATLAB, the device object is created and is present until you have a fresh start. So if the device is in connected state and you have run the code once, then the device object is already there. In that case, if you modify anything on the code and run it again, it's trying to create a new device object as it's part of the code. Thus, it gives an error because you're trying to create a new device object after modification when the previous one is already there. Hence, the solution for the same is to clear the device object before each run. 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @chengwc ,

It is very unusual scenario, did the sensor heat up or USB heat up? 

You can refer to the documentation for MATLAB wrapper usage for detailed information: radar_sdk/doc/html/pg_rdk_matlab.html#sct_rdk_matlab_algo 

Best Regards,

Honey

0 Likes
chengwc
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi, 

I found the problem happened when I read data by Dev.get_next_frame() in the while loop. 

In my program, I did the following to setup Dev. 

Dev = RadarDevice();   

Dev.set_config(oDevConf); 

Is there a way to check if Dev is available to get_next_frame() before I call it?

What I want to do is to skip getting next frame data if it is not the right to call Dev.get_next_frame()

Is there a way to check whether Dev is ok before I call Dev.get_next_frame()  ?

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @chengwc ,

Once you run the code in MATLAB, the device object is created and is present until you have a fresh start. So if the device is in connected state and you have run the code once, then the device object is already there. In that case, if you modify anything on the code and run it again, it's trying to create a new device object as it's part of the code. Thus, it gives an error because you're trying to create a new device object after modification when the previous one is already there. Hence, the solution for the same is to clear the device object before each run. 

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes