Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BYHuang011011
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi, I'm currently developing the firmware of a radar system based on BGT60TR13C and STM32H7. I read the instruction of Radar Baseboard MCU 7 but still not sure about which kinds of files to be ported. I am puzzled about whether to use the HAL for Radar Baseboard MCU 7 or the HAL for STM32H7, since in the instruction it reads 'When porting the whole firmware to a different MCU, it should be sufficient to port the HAL to that MCU' but HAL implements the MCU-specific logic;

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @BYHuang011011,

Kindly take note that the Firmware on the Radar MCU7 Baseboard solely establishes a connection between the radar and the PC via SPI and sends raw data through USB for processing. The RadarBaseboardMCU7 firmware, which can be found in the specified directory C:\Users\NarraPugitha\Infineon\Tools\Radar-Development-Kit\3.5.1.202310261055\assets\software\firmware-rbb7\firmware-rbb7\Firmware\sources\targets\atmel\subprojects\RadarBaseboardMCU7 must be altered to connect the radar to a different MCU. It is advisable to utilize the driver provided in the previous comment for seamless porting.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Pugitha_N

Hello @BYHuang011011,

The following library is used for interfacing  XENSIV™ BGT60TRxx 60 GHz FMCW Radar Sensors with ModusToolbox™ HAL interface https://github.com/Infineon/sensor-xensiv-bgt60trxx . You can take this library as a reference for interfacing BGT60TR13C with STM32.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes

Thank you.  And in the given reference, the programme used Cypress HAL. Does this mean that i need to implement these functions based on STM32H7 HAL and the following mentioned files

• xensiv_bgt60trxx.c
  • xensiv_bgt60trxx.h
  • xensiv_bgt60trxx_platform.h
  • xensiv_bgt60trxx_regs.h
0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @BYHuang011011,

You're supposed to change 

• xensiv_bgt60trxx_mtb.h
  • xensiv_bgt60trxx_mtb.c
  • xensiv_bgt60trxx_platform.h

And also platform related functions present in xensiv_bgt60trxx.c

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes

Thank you. But from the datasheet of Radar Baseboard MCU 7, it says the firmware can be divided into four layers as follows: Hardware abstraction layer (HAL), Drive layer, communication layer and the actual firmware. But there are not obvious indicators to show which layer a specific file belongs to. Therefore I wonder whether there is a list to show which layer each file belongs to, since this really helps on porting the firmware and realize the functions same as the ones provided by Radar Baseboard MCU 7.

Best regards,

Huang 

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @BYHuang011011,

Kindly take note that the Firmware on the Radar MCU7 Baseboard solely establishes a connection between the radar and the PC via SPI and sends raw data through USB for processing. The RadarBaseboardMCU7 firmware, which can be found in the specified directory C:\Users\NarraPugitha\Infineon\Tools\Radar-Development-Kit\3.5.1.202310261055\assets\software\firmware-rbb7\firmware-rbb7\Firmware\sources\targets\atmel\subprojects\RadarBaseboardMCU7 must be altered to connect the radar to a different MCU. It is advisable to utilize the driver provided in the previous comment for seamless porting.

Best Regards,

Pugitha

0 Likes

Thank you for that.

Best regards,

Huang

0 Likes