Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ronnief1
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

I'm able to save the recordings as .bin or. txt files but I'm not sure what this data actually represents. I'd like to take the range doppler data to perform computer vision on it but I'm not sure how to export the images generated in the range doppler window when I start the data acquisition. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @ronnief1 ,

The source of the recording data is raw data incoming from device without any post processing. The images cannot be exported from fusion GUI, rather you can perform signal processing on the recorded raw data and plot the graphs in MATLAB, data from .bin files can be used to plot the graphs in MATLAB. You can refer to this link for further information: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Reading-the-raw-data-of-BGT60TR13C/td-p/378020 .

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @ronnief1 ,

The source of the recording data is raw data incoming from device without any post processing. The images cannot be exported from fusion GUI, rather you can perform signal processing on the recorded raw data and plot the graphs in MATLAB, data from .bin files can be used to plot the graphs in MATLAB. You can refer to this link for further information: https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/Reading-the-raw-data-of-BGT60TR13C/td-p/378020 .

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
ronnief1
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks. And so this would allow me to generate the heat map type plots in the range doppler window like in radar fusion gui? Also, is there a Python alternative? I don't have access to Matlab due to high costs. 

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @ronnief1 ,

Please install Radar Development kit, to generate the heat map you may refer to the \radar_sdk\radar_sdk\apps\py\examples\range-angle-map, you can use it as reference code to generate same for doppler range plot. Also, please go through the radar_sdk for all the reference codes.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
ronnief1
Level 2
Level 2

thanks. i tried running dopppler.py but i keep getting ifxAvian.Error.ErrorNoDevice. it looks like i need to flash the firmware which i've done several times but it's still not working.

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @ronnief1 ,

Please follow steps to work with python code:

1. Go to: radar_sdk\libs\win32_x64\
  2. Run pip install ifxAvian-3.3.1-py3-none-any.whl

After this, you should be able to work with python example.

Note: python wheel should be installed, if not use the commands pip install wheel to do the same

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
ronnief1
Level 2
Level 2

i did that awhile ago. but actually after just closing the radar fusion gui and running the python script, everything worked haha

0 Likes