BGT60TR13C antenna information for EM simulation

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mori
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi, everyone, Now I'm trying to simulate BGT60TR13C using EM simulator. For this, complex antenna radiation pattern is necessary , but only amplitude information is provided from data sheet. So can Infineon provide me complex antenna radiation pattern data of BGT60TR13C? If it's not possible, can I get layer information of BGT60TR13C, including layer thickness/dielectric constant/dielectric loss for each layer ?

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @mori,

Please refer to the thread below for downloading the 3D model for BGT60TR13C antenna/package.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/PG-VF2BGA-40-1-3D-step-model/td-p/347398

Thanks and regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
George_T

Hi @mori,

Please refer to the thread below for downloading the 3D model for BGT60TR13C antenna/package.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Radar-sensor/PG-VF2BGA-40-1-3D-step-model/td-p/347398

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
mori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George-san, thank you for your reply! I could download package info and step file PG-VF2BGA-40-1_Z8B00188879_V03_3D.stp from the link you mentioned. I confirmed the content of it, but detailed layer information(thickness/dielectric constant/dielectric loss for each layer) seems not to be included. Is there any way to get those information?  For EM simulation detailed wire pattern to antenna feed line is necessary.

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @mori,

Let me check with the design team whether any more information can be shared.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
George_T

Hello @mori,

I am really sorry to inform that the requested information can not be shared as it is confidential.

Best regards,

George

0 Likes
mori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, George-san, thank you for your reply.  I can understand detailed antenna information is confidential for any company. But some companies may disclose information by signing an NDA agreement so I was wondering such a possibility.

Lastly, I would like to confirm that it is difficult to retrieve the complex radiation pattern data of BGT60TR13C as well? EM simulation by ray-tracing method can model BGT60TR13C by these data. I guess radiation pattern would be less confidential than antenna structure information, because its amplitude data has been already disclosed.

Best reagards,

mori

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @mori,

As you mentioned the radiation pattern is already provided in the application note (page number 12-13) along with the measurement procedure and setup.

Could you please explain the term 'complex radiation pattern'?

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
mori
Level 1
Level 1

Hi George-san, 

In general, antenna radiation pattern represents amplitude information only. But I'd like to get additional phase data of radiation pattern.  When measuring or simulating  antenna radiation pattern, real/imaginary data could be obtained. This could be represented also by amplitude and phase data. And only amplitude data is showed in data sheet. Does Infineon have phase data of radiation pattern and is it possible to disclose it? I don't care if it would get from measurement or simulation.

Best regards,

mori

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @mori,

Thanks for the clarification.

The radiation pattern simulation results do have phase data. 

I am checking with the design team whether it can be shared.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @mori ,

I am locking this thread as the discussion is moved to a private channel.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes