BGT60TR13C/ Only Receive/ Socket for MMIC

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NBRadar
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hi,

i have 3 Questions:

1. Kann i only read the ADCs without sending waves with the antenna?

2. When i only read ADC3, than i only get the data from Rx3?

3. Can i mount the BGT60TR13C on a socket for my own applications?

Thank you for the support

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pugitha_N
25 likes received 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello @NBRadar,

1) The phenomenon of a radar is to amplify the generated electromagnetic wave and then transmit through the Transmitter antenna. The wave travels through air at a constant speed, approximately at the speed of light and gets reflected once it strikes a target. The reflected signal is collected by the Receiver, amplified and fed to a Mixer where it gets mixed with the transmitted signal. The resulting signal from the mixer is called as IF or Intermediate Frequency signal, whose instantaneous frequency is equal to the difference of the instantaneous frequencies of the two input signals and phase is equal to the phase difference of the two input signals. The IF signal is digitized through an ADC, which can be further processed by a computer.

So, it is not possible to measure without transmitting the signal.

2) Each receiver path includes an ADC. But we don't have individual control over each readout. The chip configuration directs the ADC data to a FIFO in a sequence. The FIFO data is then accessed via SPI.

3) Can you please brief us about the application for you to use CPU Socket with BGT60TR13C.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Pugitha_N

Hi @NBRadar,

1) Without transmitting a signal from an antenna, you will not be able to process target data from an ADC. 

2) Refer FIFO and Dataflow section in the datasheet to get the information regarding the ADC.

3) Can you please brief me what do you mean by socket? 

If your referring socket as a microcontroller, then yes, you can interface the BGT60TR13C Shield with a different micro-controller of your own.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes

Hi @Pugitha_N,

1) Its not possible to meassure the radiation in a room without a previously emitted wave?

2) I read the datasheet, but do not know if the Rx is direktly connected to the ADC or the firmware mange this assignments. Can i make a FFT or wave reconstruction with the data from the ADCs?

3) A BGA socket like for CPUs

Thank you for the answers.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @NBRadar,

1) The phenomenon of a radar is to amplify the generated electromagnetic wave and then transmit through the Transmitter antenna. The wave travels through air at a constant speed, approximately at the speed of light and gets reflected once it strikes a target. The reflected signal is collected by the Receiver, amplified and fed to a Mixer where it gets mixed with the transmitted signal. The resulting signal from the mixer is called as IF or Intermediate Frequency signal, whose instantaneous frequency is equal to the difference of the instantaneous frequencies of the two input signals and phase is equal to the phase difference of the two input signals. The IF signal is digitized through an ADC, which can be further processed by a computer.

So, it is not possible to measure without transmitting the signal.

2) Each receiver path includes an ADC. But we don't have individual control over each readout. The chip configuration directs the ADC data to a FIFO in a sequence. The FIFO data is then accessed via SPI.

3) Can you please brief us about the application for you to use CPU Socket with BGT60TR13C.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes
Pugitha_N

Hello @NBRadar,

We are closing this thread due to inactivity. Please create a new thread for further queries.

Best Regards,

Pugitha.

0 Likes