BGT60TR13C - Doppler & micro-doppler

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
f_raymackers
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hello,

For my application with the BGT60TR13C demo board, I have to do micro motion at the same time than normal motion. I want to incorporate my micromotion in my frame to have: a normal motion chirp and a micromotion chirp at the same time. In other words, I want to use 2 different chirp profiles. Is it possible with your software?  I'm using the SDK and the Python Wrapper.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @f_raymackers ,

Sorry for the delay ! 

With the current Radar SDK it is only possible to set one shape (MIMO is the only exception).
So it's not possible to set 2 different chirp profiles using Radar SDK with BGT60TR13C device.

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @f_raymackers ,

This has been implemented in the presence sensing application with BGT60TR13C using the CSK kit : https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/applications/solutions/sensor-solutions/presence-detection/ . Please do go through this for more insight. We are looking into your query and will get back to you regarding if it can be done with the python wrapper and SDK. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Hi @Deepa_V 

Thank you for your reply, indeed I saw and experimented your presence detection application with the Radar Fusion GUI, and it looks interesting.

Perfect, looking forward to have news about doing normal chirp & micromotion chirp at the same time. with the SDK and Python wrapper.

Best Regards,

François

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @f_raymackers ,

Sorry for the delay ! 

With the current Radar SDK it is only possible to set one shape (MIMO is the only exception).
So it's not possible to set 2 different chirp profiles using Radar SDK with BGT60TR13C device.

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Hi @Deepa_V ,

Thank you for your reply. Have you planned to implement this feature on the SDK? Are there a lot of modifications to do on the embedded code?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @f_raymackers ,

This hasn't been planned as of now, might be included in the future versions. Please check for updates of RDK. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
JiwanF
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Radar Cross Section only depends on the target. It is not a fixed number and will change as the target changes its orientation relative to the radar. It even changes at different frequencies and polarizations. 1m^2 is a reasonable approximation for a human when designing a system.

The chip you linked to, however, is not a radar chip. It is used for Passive Infrared motion detection.

0 Likes

Hi, I think you are not in the right thread 😉

Regards,

0 Likes