BGT60TR13C Data Information

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tanner
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins First reply posted 5 sign-ins

I am using the example_cw.py available from the Infineon SDK. I am able to retrieve data from the radar, however, I'd like to know what this data is. What are the units of this data?

1 Solution
julis
10 likes received 25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hi @Tanner 

sorry for delay response.

julis_0-1697422523262.png

As shown in this picture, MADC will sample the ABB(baseband signal, mixer the Tx and Rx) and save the raw data in FIFO. this raw data is IF signal.

Did you try "*\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\apps\py\examples\doppler.py"? It will be more clear after you test and read the code.

please reach out to me if you still have any question about this.

Best Regards,

Julis

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
julis

Hi @Tanner 

every raw data is 12 bit, range from 0...4095, this raw data is converted to floating point numbers in the range  -1...1. so you will see all the output data is not bigger than 1.

julis_0-1695368686544.png

Best Regards,

Julis

0 Likes
Tanner
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your response.

My question is more concerned with the output of the ADCs. Is this phase difference, or range? What exactly is being output to the terminal in the case of example_cw.py?

0 Likes
julis

Hi @Tanner 

The output to the terminal in the case of example_cw.py is raw data, which is sampling data of IF signals. It should be amplitude value which represent the signal strength.

Best Regards,

Julis

0 Likes
Tanner
Level 2
Level 2

I am looking to get the phase offset of the received signal. Is there a way to display phase offset on the terminal?

0 Likes
julis

Hi @Tanner 

Does "the phase offset of the received signal" means time domain or frequency domain ? If it is frequency or if you want to get velocity value,  you will get answer from "*\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\apps\py\examples\doppler.py". 

And if you really want to get the phase offset, please let me know which the offset is it with.

Best Regards,

Julis

0 Likes
Tanner
Level 2
Level 2

@julis 

I apologize for the confusion. The radar sends out a chirp, the signal reflects off a surface, and is received by the radar. The received signal will have slightly different frequency than the transmitted signal, due to the distance and velocity of the target. I am concerned with extracting this difference in frequency for further processing, and I am especially concerned with the changing distance of the target (over sub-mm movements) with respect to the receivers. My desired output from the radar to a computer terminal would be the time domain change in frequency, perhaps in an array format. 

Are there any available scripts in the SDK or other resources to help me derive this output?

Thanks.

0 Likes
julis

Hi @Tanner 

sorry for delay response.

julis_0-1697422523262.png

As shown in this picture, MADC will sample the ABB(baseband signal, mixer the Tx and Rx) and save the raw data in FIFO. this raw data is IF signal.

Did you try "*\radar_sdk\radar_sdk\apps\py\examples\doppler.py"? It will be more clear after you test and read the code.

please reach out to me if you still have any question about this.

Best Regards,

Julis

0 Likes