[BGT60LTR13C] Question about segmentations application

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 50 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi everyone,

I am testing the BGT60LTR13C demo kit. I have read the documentation provided as well as the C code that the segmentations app works based on "presence detection". But I'm confused how do you divide an area into many60Ghzsensor segments(ex. 3 segments)?

According to the C code, you are only using data from 2 Rxs. Are you using the DBF Algorithm with only an azimuth angle or just only using the angle monopulse algorithm to calculate the angle of the targets. Someone explain to me, please.

Thanks,

Minh

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @85258 ,

Yes, only two RX Antennas are used as only Azimuth angle is evaluated. Targets are detected using DBF, a more accurate angle is estimated using subsequent Capon beamformer. Depending on the estimated angle, target us assigned to the corresponding segment. 

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @85258 ,

Yes, only two RX Antennas are used as only Azimuth angle is evaluated. Targets are detected using DBF, a more accurate angle is estimated using subsequent Capon beamformer. Depending on the estimated angle, target us assigned to the corresponding segment. 

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes