Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nDonnelly
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

In the BGT60LTR11AIP shield XENSIV™ 60 GHz radar system platform application note, under SPI mode and motion detection algorithm, it states that a detection range of 14m is possible and that the firmware used to achieve this is the “Radar Advanced Motion Sensing with SPI” application available from the Radar Fusion GUI is used. However, I have tried downloading the radar fusion GUI and it is not clear how this algorithm works. I am trying to integrate the BGT60LTR11AIP into a product that will be mounted at 8m and currently i am only getting detection at around 4m so would like to see how this advanced motion detection range is possible. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @nDonnelly ,

Advanced Motion Sensing (AMS) distinguishes between target motion and interferers by evaluating the number of zero crossings in the unbiased raw data of a Doppler radar system. 

You can increase the detection range possible with the AMS by setting the threshold to a lower value. As lowering the threshold would provide higher sensitivity and therefore also the detection range.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @nDonnelly ,

Advanced Motion Sensing (AMS) distinguishes between target motion and interferers by evaluating the number of zero crossings in the unbiased raw data of a Doppler radar system. 

You can increase the detection range possible with the AMS by setting the threshold to a lower value. As lowering the threshold would provide higher sensitivity and therefore also the detection range.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Hi Deepa,

Thanks for getting back to me!

That is good to know about the evaluation of raw data rather than the FFT data. Would it be possible to get more information on this algorithm as I would like to implement into my firmware. 

Thanks,

Nicole

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @nDonnelly ,

The algorithm is not public yet. We'd soon be releasing documentation on the same. Request you to wait for the same. In the meantime, you can evaluate the algorithm using the Radar Fusion GUI.

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
nDonnelly
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Deepa,

Do you have any idea when this algorithm is set to be released?

Thanks,

Nicole

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @nDonnelly ,

We haven't set a date yet for the release. It's already in process. The associated patent has been published : https://patents.google.com/patent/US20240061074A1/en so we expect the documentation to be available soon. Kindly wait for the same. 

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes