BGT60LTR11AIP no compatible device found (IFX_ERROR_NO_DEVICE)

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kone
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I get the error: no compatible device found (IFX_ERROR_NO_DEVICE) using Matlab on Windows with the BGT60LTR11AIP.

The radar works with the Radar Fusion GUI (Version: 3.3.0.202209061315) and both firmwares v254 and v255.

I'm using the Radar Development Kit (Version: 3.3.1.202211181510).

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Current Radar Development Kit and Radar Fusion GUI support the BGT60LTR11AIP Radar MMIC version v3.0 embedded on the "BGT60LTR11AIP Shield" v2.0.

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
20 Replies
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @Kone ,

Primarily, Please note : 

• Flashing the RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255.bin firmware, will allow you to use the "Radar Fusion GUI" and the "Radar Development Kit" Python Wrapper.
  • Flashing the RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin firmware, will allow you to use the "Radar GUI" and the "Radar BGT60LTR11AIP" Python Wrapper.

Additionally, If you are using the MATLAB codes in the RDK, it doesn't support the BGT60LTR11AIP presently. But you can surely use the python wrapper for your application.  

Hope this helps !

Best Regards,

Deepa

Kone
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Very sad to hear that.

It works now with the Python Wrapper wrapper_ltr11 and firmware v255.

Thanks for your quick help!

0 Likes
VenkatN
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello, 

I ran into the same issue of "no compatible device found" despite trying the solution @Kone . This is for BGT60LTR11AIP Shield after

1. flashing the firmware "RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin" using Radar GUI 2.8.2.202205190911 

2. after installing ifxDoppler version 3.3.1 using  "pip install ifxDopplerLTR11"

The complete output of "python example.py" from the "radar_sdk\sdk\py\wrapper_ltr11" folder  is the 

Radar SDK Version: v3.3.1+.5a07a7626
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\python37\lib\site-packages\ifxDopplerLTR11\Common.py", line 72, in inner
check_rc(dll)
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\python37\lib\site-packages\ifxDopplerLTR11\Common.py", line 98, in check_rc
raise_exception_for_error_code(error_code, error_description)
File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\envs\python37\lib\site-packages\ifxDopplerLTR11\Error.py", line 95, in raise_exception_for_error_code
raise globals()[error_name](error_description)
ifxDopplerLTR11.Error.ErrorNoDevice: no compatible device found (IFX_ERROR_NO_DEVICE)

Please guide if i am missing something here.

BTW, a secondary issue  is that I am able to flash the firmware RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255.bin firmware, using the "Radar Fusion GUI" however the message  "No device detected" persists despite successful flashing of the firmware. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @VenkatN 

1. Please do not use any more the BGT60LTR11AIP shield with the RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin and Radar GUI. We are no more supporting this firmware, it's not compatible with the RDK v3.3.x, thus considered as obsolete.

I would recommand to use the RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255.bin and the Radar Fusion GUI, compatible with the RDK v3.3.x.

2. Please follow these steps to ensure that no issues occur with the flashing process.

• Reset the board by connecting the TP1 erase pin to the 3.3V pin for 3 seconds.
  • Disconnect the board from the USB port and plug it back.  
  • Go to Radar Fusion GUI -> Device -> Flash Firmware -> Select Firmware: RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255.bin. 
  • Flash Firmware.
  • Once the firmware is successfully flashed, the device would be automatically connected to Radar GUI (If not click again on Connect).

Please let us know about your findings.

BR,
Montassar.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Montassar,  I followed the steps to  reset the board  and flashing RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255.bin successfully.However after this the demo board red and green lights are blinking alternatively without any lights on the shield. The status on Radar Fusion GUI is still "No device detected" .

Anything else that i could attempt or missing here?

PS: Thus far Radar GUi with RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin alone is working in my case.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi @VenkatN 

Based on the LED scheme on AN599 Section 4.3, the BGT60LR11AIP RF shield is not detected.
Let's try to initialize the EEPROM of the radar shield, using the attached InitializeBGT60LTR11.bat file. You can execute the batch file by double-clicking on it. Upon success the batch file will output a message similar to:

Board type: BGT60LTR11
New UUID has been written: 4a725f28-166c-49d0-1a32-0876f56f0e9c
Press any key to continue . . .

Please try this out and let us know about your findings.

Cheers,
Montassar. 

0 Likes

Thank you Montassar for the prompt reply. When i run the batch file i get the messgage

"Cannot open radar device, or device FW does not support NVM access."

in the command prompt. Hope we are getting closer to the fix. 

PS: FYI, with RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin (using Radar GUI)  however,  InitializeBGT60LTR11.bat  works fine giving the output :

Board type: BGT60LTR11
New UUID has been written: 6e554cc1-a119-4fd8-9b55-dd93dd8e38f2
Press any key to continue . . .

Exactly, it should work only with the v117 FW version.
Please try out flashing now your board with the v255 binary image, then run the "Radar Fusion GUI". It should work without any issue.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes

Yes, i do:

1. flash with v117 FW (using Radar GUI)
2. run InitializeBGT60LTR11.bat (which works)
3. Reset the board
4. flash with v255 (using Radar Fusion GUI)
After these steps
a) the board blinks red and green and b)  InitializeBGT60LTR11.bat does not work

0 Likes

Looks really strange !
Can you please connect the shield to the 2nd connector? Same issue ?
Could you please share a picture of your demo board?

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Thank you for the reply.
May i know what is the 2nd connector?
If I flip the shield and connect, the board blinks red alone (as in AN599). There is no issue with the shield as such i believe. When i flip back to the correct orientation, the red and green lights start blinking. Attached is the photo for your reference please.

0 Likes

Strange behaviour !

Do not flip the shield, but connect it to the backside of the RBB MCU7.
BTW, what's the Revision of your RBB MCU7 and the BGT60LTR11AIP Shield?
Could you try to connect the board to another USB port?

Regards,
Montassar.

0 Likes

Connecting to the backside of RBB MCU7 also has the same effect. I have only 1 USB in my laptop (through which v117 FW using Radar GUI works fine). How do i find the revision of RBB MCU7 and the BGT60LTR11AIP Shield? 

On a secondary and perhaps unrelated query, I am running Window 10 education and when i connect to USB, should the RBB be listed in the Ports(COM & LPT) under device manager? With v117 FW is see it as USB Seriel Bus (COM3) and with v255 seeing it as USB Seriel Bus (COM6).

0 Likes
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @VenkatN ,

Is it possible for you to check the board with Radar Fusion GUI in some PC with an OS which is not restricted for educational purposes? Just to validate as you were previously getting an 'NVM access' issue. 

Best Regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Unfortunately i donot have  access to any other PC with Windows 10. I did try with another computer in school again running Window 10 educational, and the same issue repeats : Works well with v117.bin (RadarGui)  where as no device detected for v255.bin (RadarFusionGui). 

0 Likes

Could you please share a screenshot of Radar GUI once the board is connected?

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes

VenkatN_0-1675932210314.png

VenkatN_1-1675932328538.png

Please find attached. 

0 Likes

You have a BGT60LTR11AIP shield with the MMIC version v1.0. This shield Revision is quite old, and is supported neither by the Radar Development Kit nor by the Radar Fusion GUI.

You can only use the Radar GUI and the RadarBaseboardMCU7_v117.bin Firmware.

When did you buy such Demo board? It's 3 years old.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes

It was passed from a colleageue. Too bad this version of MMIC is not supported. May i know which version is supported ?  

0 Likes

Current Radar Development Kit and Radar Fusion GUI support the BGT60LTR11AIP Radar MMIC version v3.0 embedded on the "BGT60LTR11AIP Shield" v2.0.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes