BGT60LTR11AIP Shield connection issues.

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
avnishmishra
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

We have a BGT60LTR11AIP DEMO board, when the Radar Shield is plugged on the Radar Baseboard, we can see the detection status on the LEDs.

We need to do the same setup like this video,  but the BGT60LTR11AIP  sensor doesn't react on any movement, only the red LED is lightning.

As per application note in datasheet, they have instructed to remove R3 resistor but in the video above they have soldered some other component on the shield. 

Kindly let us know the proper way to make it work. 

Please don't mention any datasheet link

Thanks,

Avnish

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sunil_P
10 likes given 25 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Avnishmishra,

The BGT60LTR11AIP DEMO board, is constantly set to SPI mode (as default). You must remove R3 resistor in order to operate the board in autonomous mode as shown in the figure below.

Sunil_0-1667454761813.png

What exactly are you referring to in the video when you say "soldered"? 

Thanks and regards,

Sunil

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sunil_P
10 likes given 25 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi Avnishmishra,

The BGT60LTR11AIP DEMO board, is constantly set to SPI mode (as default). You must remove R3 resistor in order to operate the board in autonomous mode as shown in the figure below.

Sunil_0-1667454761813.png

What exactly are you referring to in the video when you say "soldered"? 

Thanks and regards,

Sunil

0 Likes
avnishmishra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sunil,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I was looking into 60GHz Radar demo- getting started with BGT60LTR11AIP shield video and here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqalEJ1-EqI but to save your time I am attaching a screenshot below for the same. There is also some connections soldered here.

Kindly let me know the correct way.

avnishmishra_0-1667586029387.png

Best,

Avnish

0 Likes
avnishmishra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sunil,

Could you tell me an alternate of removing R3? I mean can we short it or something similar to that?

Thank you so much.

Best,

Avnish

0 Likes

Hi Avnish,

the only way to convert an SPI-configured shield to Autonomous mode is by removing R3 resistor. 

Cheers,
Montassar

0 Likes