BGT60LTR11AIP - IFI/IFQ signals

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nDonnelly
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I have a designed a board using the BGT60LTR11AIP, it works as expected and then randomly the sensor will just stop and the

I am using the sensor in pulsed SPI mode and have set up the registers as suggested in REF BGT60LTR11AIP MO.

 IFI/IFQ when board operating as expected: 

image.jpeg

IFI/IFQ signals waveforms not as expected:

image.jpeg

Do you have any idea what could cause the IFI/IFQ signals to stop being as expected, I have checked the oscillator and I am still getting the correct frequency waveform. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @nDonnelly ,

This is an unusual behavior, we have not observed  the same from our end. This looks hardware issue, we would suggest you to check PCB layer, component, and BOM (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-bgt60ltr11aip/?tab=~%27pcb_data#!desi... ), as even if the component supplier/provider are different there will be difference in results. 

Best regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @nDonnelly ,

As you mentioned you have designed your own board, there maybe some leakage of EM waves which may be causing this issue, also make the testing environment is clean enough of any disturbance. It is also recommended to check the connections made while designing the board, please refer to the schematics provided here:

1. For BGT60LTR11AIP: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-bgt60ltr11aip/?tab=~%27pcb_data#!desi... 
  2. For REF_BGT60LTR11AIP_M0: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/ref_bgt60ltr11aip_m0/#!?fileId=8ac78c8c8a4... 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Honey

0 Likes

Hi Honey,

Thanks for your reply! I will check for EM leakage. The connections match the schematic provided.

When I first flash the xmc it operates as expected however after some random amount of time the IFI/IFQ signals go as shown above causing the board to stop detecting motion, however once the xmc is re flashed it starts working again. 

Also I have noticed when the board is operating as expected, the IFQ signal has a resting sine component in its waveform when there is no movement and the IFI is relatively flat, could this be an underlying cause? 

IFI (no movement) : 

image.jpeg

IFI (no movement):

image.jpeg

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @nDonnelly ,

This is an unusual behavior, we have not observed  the same from our end. This looks hardware issue, we would suggest you to check PCB layer, component, and BOM (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/demo-bgt60ltr11aip/?tab=~%27pcb_data#!desi... ), as even if the component supplier/provider are different there will be difference in results. 

Best regards,
Honey

0 Likes

HI,

Please see attached the layer stack for my board:

nDonnelly_0-1708391200788.png

Note I integrated this motion sensor on to an existing product, thus didn't get to change the layer stack, can you see this having a significant affect, will the sensor only operate as expected with the layer stack mentioned in the datasheet? 

0 Likes

Hi, I have noticed the resting sine wave (50Hz) us only present when connect to mains, which is to be expected. Should this cause an issue with the overall function of the sensor

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @nDonnelly ,

Yes, the sensor only operate as expected with the layer stack mentioned in the datasheet. The resting sine wave observed shouldn't be a problem for sensor function

Best regards,
Honey

0 Likes