Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins First like given

Hi everyone

Power consumption is listed below.

https://www.avnet.com/wps/portal/ebv/products/new-products/npi/2020/infineon-demo-bgt60ltr11aip/

Additional features

• Adjustable performance parameters such as detection sensitivity, hold time and frequency of operation
  • SPI mode:
    • Up to 10 m detection range
    • Less than 2 mW power consumption possible
    • Extract radar raw data to develop a customized algorithm
  • Additional Benefits:
    • Autonomous mode (BGT60LTR11AIP shield only):
      • Up to 5 m detection range
      • Less than 5 mW power consumption
      • No knowledge in RF, antenna design, or radar signal processing required
      • 4 quad states give flexibility

However, on the data sheet, there is only the following description about power consumption, but is the above article correct?

YoJa_3107936_0-1669019888341.png

I'm thinking about battery drive for the BGT60LTR11AIP, can you tell me how to calculate the minimum power consumption for Autonomous mode and SPI mode?

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Siddharth_H
100 solutions authored 50 likes received First question asked

Hey @YoJa_3107936 

The power consumption depends on the Radar configuration and not on if it's in SPI or Autonomous mode. The two main factors on which the current consumption depends are Pulse width(PW) and Pulse Repetition Time(PRT). You can use the Radar Fusion GUI to see the power consumption for different combinations of PW and PRT values. 

Siddharth_0-1669093164391.png

Hope this helps, please revert back if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Siddharth

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Siddharth_H

Hey @YoJa_3107936 

The power consumption depends on the Radar configuration and not on if it's in SPI or Autonomous mode. The two main factors on which the current consumption depends are Pulse width(PW) and Pulse Repetition Time(PRT). You can use the Radar Fusion GUI to see the power consumption for different combinations of PW and PRT values. 

Siddharth_0-1669093164391.png

Hope this helps, please revert back if you have more questions.

Cheers!

Siddharth

YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Siddharth

Thank you for your advice!

>The power consumption can further be calculated from the current consumption.

What part is this current consumption?

Is MMIC(BGT60LTR11AIP) or BGT60LTR11AIP Shied-Board or All(include MCU Base-Board)?

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes

Hi @YoJa_3107936 

The power consumption shown is the Radar Fusion GUI is for the whole demo board( Shield+ Base Board). If you wish to know about the power consumption for the MMIC/ Shield, you can refer to Power consumption analysis section of  this document

And, Please prefer using Radar Fusion GUI over Radar GUI, I have also edited my last reply on the same. 

Best regards,

Siddharth

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Siddharth

When I use the BGT60LTR11AIP evaluation kit, I can check the graph output with the "Radar GUI". The FW version to use is "FW v1.1.7".
I got a "No Device detected" message when launching the "Radar Fusion GUI".
Can you provide the FW for the MCU board when viewing the "Radar Fusion GUI"?

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes
Siddharth_H

Hi @YoJa_3107936 

The firmware needed to use Radar Fusion GUI is FW v255, you can get this inside the Radar Development Kit.

Go to ...\Radar Development Kit\3.3.1.202211181510\assets\software\firmware-rbb7\Firmware and look for RadarBaseboardMCU7_v255 and flash this firmware file.

You can download the RDK for the Infineon Development Center.  Also be informed that FW v117 works for Radar GUI and FW v255 is for Radar Fusion GUI. 

Hope this helps, Best regards

Siddharth

0 Likes