BGT60ATR24C radar data division and two Tx configuration

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vrizziva
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Recently I bought a BGT60ATR24C radar. Previously I was using the BGT60TR13C model.To extract data with the BGT60TR13C model, I used a Matlab code. However, since the BGT60TR13C model does not have two Tx antennas, I want to know if my code configuration works with two Tx antennas for the new radar. (I added Tx_mode = 2)oDevConf = DeviceConfig.mkDevConf('num_samples_per_chirp',128,'num_chirps_per_frame',64,'adc_samplerate_Hz',2000000,...                                  'frame_period_us',0,'lower_frequency_kHz',60000000,'upper_frequency_kHz',61250000,...                                  'chirp_to_chirp_time_100ps',15496250,'rx_antenna_mask',15,'tx_mode',2,'frame_end_delay_100ps',5878500);Is the radar using the two transmitting antennas in this configuration, or does something else have to be done?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question about the radar model BGT60ATR24C is, how do I correctly divide the raw data into the eight channels? (Two Tx and four Rx)

For the BGT60TR13C model, I used the reshape command in Matlab. And the radar divided the data into Rx 1,2, and 3.

reshape(radar_data,Frame_Number*Samples_per_Chirp*Chirps_per_Frame,NumRXAntenna);

The question is, after dividing, which column represents which Rx antenna? (The reason for this question is that we have the numbers of the 4 Rx antennas in the application notes. However, we do not have the numbers of the antennas in the virtual array generated by the second Tx antenna)

Thank you for any help you may provide.

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @vrizziva ,

Could you please verify whether you have access to "Radar BGT60ATR24C ES Advance", radar package for BGT60ATR24C?

Matlab Communication Libraries and documentation related to BGT60ATR24C are available in the package.

Thanks and regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @vrizziva ,

Could you please verify whether you have access to "Radar BGT60ATR24C ES Advance", radar package for BGT60ATR24C?

Matlab Communication Libraries and documentation related to BGT60ATR24C are available in the package.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
vrizziva
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi @George_T,

Thank you for the reply. I did not know about this package.

Where do I download the "Radar BGT60ATR24C ES Advance"? (I searched for it in the Infineon Developer Center. However, I did not find it)

Best regards,

Victor.

0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Hi @vrizziva 

The Radar BGT60ATR24C ES Advance package from IDC is only available under NDA.
It's not available for public download, please send a private message request to grant access for you.

BR,
Montassar.

0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Hi @vrizziva 

Access to Radar BGT60ATR24C ES Advance via Infineon Developer Center is now granted to you.
Please log in using your email, search for the package, then install it.

BR,
Montassar.