BGT60ATR24C radar antenna configuration

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vrizziva
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi, can I get a confirmation of the antenna division for the BGT60ATR24C radar? 

In the datasheet, the channels are displayed as seen below.

vrizziva_1-1674170563626.png

However, in the BGT60ATR24C AiP shield characterization document, the order is different, as shown in the picture.

vrizziva_2-1674170765151.png

To extract data from the radar, I am using the Matlab Wrapper and dividing the data into eight columns (8 channels). However, I don't know the correct order of channels for azimuth and elevation after division since the documentation has two options. (Example, in the datasheet, azimuth: RX 3, RX 1, RX 2, and RX 8. In the other document, azimuth: Rx 4, Rx 2, Rx 1, and Rx 😎

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @vrizziva,

The document you are referring to is BGT60ATR24C AiP shield characterization, we would suggest you to install the new version of the package IFX_Radar_BGT60ATR24C_ES_Advance_V2.0.1 and refer to document BGT60ATR24C ES shield characterization located at IFX_Radar_BGT60ATR24C_ES_Advance_V2.0.1\Documentation\RF Shield\BGT60ATR24C_34V2.0-nonAIP\BGT60ATR24C characterization after installation. It includes detailed explanation on virtual antenna ordering and the physical orientation as well.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @vrizziva,

For figure 1, the figure is a part of layout view of different layers of the PCB,  please refer to the link: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN620_BGT60ATR24C_ES_shield-ApplicationNotes-v01_00-EN.pdf?fi... , section 4 Layout View for detailed explanation For figure 2, can you please share document from which you are referring the image.

For raw data extraction and ordering in the frame for further processing please refer to the SDK Documentation from RDK. Refer to the Device Configuration Guidelines which includes a detailed explanation on Virtual Antenna ordering, measurement frames, device parameters and you may also refer to the MATLAB wrapper usage section.

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
vrizziva
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

The document I was referring to is BGT60ATR24C AiP shield characterization.

The table below is in the radar SDK (Device Configuration Guidelines). However, I need to know which antenna is RX 1, RX 2 ... Since there are two options.

vrizziva_0-1674234059722.png

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @vrizziva,

The document you are referring to is BGT60ATR24C AiP shield characterization, we would suggest you to install the new version of the package IFX_Radar_BGT60ATR24C_ES_Advance_V2.0.1 and refer to document BGT60ATR24C ES shield characterization located at IFX_Radar_BGT60ATR24C_ES_Advance_V2.0.1\Documentation\RF Shield\BGT60ATR24C_34V2.0-nonAIP\BGT60ATR24C characterization after installation. It includes detailed explanation on virtual antenna ordering and the physical orientation as well.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey