BGT24LTR11 with Distance2Gol kit

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
fpga
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I would like to know how to use the Distance2GoL kit with BGT24LTR11 board for range measurements & 1D tracking of humans.

I read the user guides and I used the default Distance2GoL setting (System setting, DSP setting) on the RADAR GUI (version 2.6.0(FW v1.0.0))

I ask a friend who standed at 2 m from radar. In the window Zone View, I saw red point to detect the  range of my friend

I saw there is two problems: 

1. The red point was not stable event my friend did not move (or even I putted an object in metal (40 cm x 40 cm) in front of Radar). 

2. In the windows Frequency domain,  I set scale = 1 , but I saw the peak  with Magnitude = 1400 at 10 m (I expected 2 m )

Please give me some suggestions how to use it (parameters, configurations settings, tricks...)

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @fpga  ,

Distance2Gol works on FMCW principle which detects the target presence by taking the difference between transmitted and received signal. Thus, if the target is stationary there will be very minor difference between the transmitted and received signal, thus the ambiguity.

Please refer the software manual for detail explanation on 1D-tracking algorithm and target range estimation from FMCW. Also we would suggest you to vary following parameters in Radar GUI according the application you are building :

1. Minimum and maximum range 
  2. Target Activation threshold
  3. Target hold threshold
  4. Activate CFAR

Also go through the help content which has a detailed explanation on the Radar GUI parameters and settings.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Honey

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fpga
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I also saw in the demo of this platform (proof of functionality). There is a problem with the peak does not change in function of distance.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/media/eLearning/PSS/PSS_eLearning_Distance2GoL_english/story.html

svinfineong.png

I hope I can get the answer soon

Thank you

0 Likes
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @fpga  ,

Distance2Gol works on FMCW principle which detects the target presence by taking the difference between transmitted and received signal. Thus, if the target is stationary there will be very minor difference between the transmitted and received signal, thus the ambiguity.

Please refer the software manual for detail explanation on 1D-tracking algorithm and target range estimation from FMCW. Also we would suggest you to vary following parameters in Radar GUI according the application you are building :

1. Minimum and maximum range 
  2. Target Activation threshold
  3. Target hold threshold
  4. Activate CFAR

Also go through the help content which has a detailed explanation on the Radar GUI parameters and settings.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Honey