[BGT24ATR11] Questions about low power consumption

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins First like given

Hi everyone

I would like to use the BGT24ATR11 to reduce current consumption as much as possible.
    The LO terminal will not be used this time

Please comment our questions below.
 ■ On page 11 of the data sheet, when SPI-Bit 4 = High, the current consumption is Max 190mA.

Could you tell me how much current is consumed when SPI-Bit 4 = Low?

■If the 25-pin ANA pin and 28-pin LO pin are not used, is it okay to leave them open? Could you let me know if pin processing is necessary?
The Single-Ended LO pattern is listed on page 21. Is it a must to have this pattern?

■SPI Bits 0 to 3 seem to set the transmission power of the RF IC, but how much can the transmission power be adjusted by combining High and Low?

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @YoJa_3107936 ,

Apologies for the delay in response

On page 11 of the data sheet, when SPI-Bit 4 = High, the current consumption is Max 190mA. Could you tell me how much current is consumed when SPI-Bit 4 = Low?

This is decreasing the gain of LO buffer. The difference in current consumption could be round about 5mA.

If the 25-pin ANA pin and 28-pin LO pin are not used, is it okay to leave them open? Could you let me know if pin processing is necessary? The Single-Ended LO pattern is listed on page 21. Is it a must to have this pattern?

Yes, they can be open, if they are not used.

This pattern is recommended as matching circuit for this pin to 50ohm microstrip line only with given/recommended stack-up in the datasheet. If this pin is not used, the landing pad of the package would be enough. Pattern is not needed in that case.   

SPI Bits 0 to 3 seem to set the transmission power of the RF IC, but how much can the transmission power be adjusted by combining High and Low?

Please refer to the parameter ”TX output power adjustable range” on the table 6 in the datasheet.

Table.PNG

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Honey_D

Hello @YoJa_3107936 ,

We are having an internal discussion with the team regarding the same. Will reply as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
YoJa_3107936
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins First like given

Hi Honey

Thank you for your help!

When can you answer the above questions?

Thanks

Yang

0 Likes
Honey_D

Hello @YoJa_3107936 ,

Apologies for the delay in response

On page 11 of the data sheet, when SPI-Bit 4 = High, the current consumption is Max 190mA. Could you tell me how much current is consumed when SPI-Bit 4 = Low?

This is decreasing the gain of LO buffer. The difference in current consumption could be round about 5mA.

If the 25-pin ANA pin and 28-pin LO pin are not used, is it okay to leave them open? Could you let me know if pin processing is necessary? The Single-Ended LO pattern is listed on page 21. Is it a must to have this pattern?

Yes, they can be open, if they are not used.

This pattern is recommended as matching circuit for this pin to 50ohm microstrip line only with given/recommended stack-up in the datasheet. If this pin is not used, the landing pad of the package would be enough. Pattern is not needed in that case.   

SPI Bits 0 to 3 seem to set the transmission power of the RF IC, but how much can the transmission power be adjusted by combining High and Low?

Please refer to the parameter ”TX output power adjustable range” on the table 6 in the datasheet.

Table.PNG

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes