Arduino Compatibility with D2GL

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JWilson
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello Infineon Community!

I have a question about using arduino code on my D2GL - I have 3 questions

1) This Application Note for SENSE2goL Pulse (Using Infineon’s radar baseboard XMC4700 and BGT24LTR11 radar shield with Arduino) indicates that you can upload arduino code to the Baseboard - is this feature available for DISTANCE2go aswell? 

2) If so, the API (page 13) makes no note of aquiring target strength data - is this possible?

3) Could I implement the CY8CKIT-028-EPD with all this by programming the arduino to send data to the Cypress, for it to display the data?

Thank you and sorry if this is too long - is my first post

0 Likes
1 Solution
Deepa_V
First comment on KBA 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hi @JWilson ,

Ideally, the library that you have tagged would work well with Psoc 4 or Psoc 6 if that's the microcontroller you plan to use. If that's the case, you can use this library and display the values as required. But if it's a different microcontroller, then you would have to test it out at your end. In general, the libraries do allow the interface to the display and you will just have to modify the code accordingly. 

Best regards,

Deepa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Deepa_V

Hi @JWilson ,

Please find below the responses to your stated questions: 

1. Please confirm whether you are using the Distance2Go board or the Distance2GoL ?

2. On page 13, the parameters does not include the target strength data as it's not an output parameter provided by the Sense2GoL Pulse board. 

3. Are you stating that you would like to code in the Arduino for the Radar board and then port the code onto the CY8CKIT-028-EPD ? Is this for Sense2GoL Pulse or D2GoL or D2Go ?

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes
JWilson
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi Deepa!

Yes I am using Distance2GoL

Is there an API available to get strength data?

My overall project is to display the data on the Cypress screen in a plot, so I'm not sure if I upload the code to the d2gl board or if there's another way

Thank you very much

Jack

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @JWilson , 

As the available library [https://github.com/Infineon/XMC-for-Arduino] is not meant for supporting D2GoL, we don't have an API to extract the parameters of this board. Instead, you can try using the ComLib_C_Interface (C:\IFX_D2GL-HW-SW_V1.0.0\Firmware_Software\Communication Library\ComLib_C_Interface), which gives you the stated parameter, for developing the code at your end. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes

Hi Deepa 

So to confirm, what you're suggesting is using this ComLib C Interface to program the Cypress Kit to recieve data from D2GL and then display it?

Would this involve using the Cypress Github Code (GitHub - Infineon/CY8CKIT-028-EPD: This library provides support for the Arduino compatible shield f...) and modifying the main.c to do this?

0 Likes
Deepa_V

Hi @JWilson ,

Ideally, the library that you have tagged would work well with Psoc 4 or Psoc 6 if that's the microcontroller you plan to use. If that's the case, you can use this library and display the values as required. But if it's a different microcontroller, then you would have to test it out at your end. In general, the libraries do allow the interface to the display and you will just have to modify the code accordingly. 

Best regards,

Deepa

0 Likes