Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Taylor70
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hi all

I am wondering if there is a way to access radar data from the BGT60TR13C Radar through the python/matlab/c apps provided in the RDK-TOOLS-SW folder

What I would like is to access the amplitude information / strength data from the radar possibly through the python or matlab apps

In the Radar Fusion GUI it doesn't have any sort of strength data available 

My overall goal here is to develop some form of material detection/ identification software, so if there is a tool for this please let me know 

Cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Taylor70 ,

Please refer to the "app_presence_detection" file to access the signal strength data from radar. (Located: \radar_sdk\apps\c\presence_detection). To access the signal strength data you'll have to slightly modify the available code and compile the SDK again to reflect the changes made. Please refer to the code snapshot attached below.

code_snippet.PNG

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @Taylor70 ,

Please refer to the "app_presence_detection" file to access the signal strength data from radar. (Located: \radar_sdk\apps\c\presence_detection). To access the signal strength data you'll have to slightly modify the available code and compile the SDK again to reflect the changes made. Please refer to the code snapshot attached below.

code_snippet.PNG

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Honey

0 Likes