ADC samples from C interface in position 2 go to radar

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hemanthbalusu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

When I use the C interface to extract raw data from the position 2 go radar, I get ADC samples, what should I do with this data to detect objects or measure the speed or distance to the object.

Also, how to change the field of view of the radar in the GUI provided.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @hemanthbalusu ,

Position2Go (P2G) – BGT24MTR12 + XMC4700
Infineon radar demo board based on the BGT24MTR12 using fast-chirp FMCW for tracking (angle, distance,
speed and direction of movement detection). The raw data extracted can be processed further for realising the object/targets distance, speed, angle and direction of movement. FoV depends on the antenna design and thus, cannot be varied through any software.

For more details please install Radar Position2Go, it includes all the documentation, hardware and software support. Please note that Position2Go is a discontinued and thus, we will be reducing our technical support for the same

Best Regards,
Honey

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Honey_D
5 comments on blog 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello @hemanthbalusu ,

Position2Go (P2G) – BGT24MTR12 + XMC4700
Infineon radar demo board based on the BGT24MTR12 using fast-chirp FMCW for tracking (angle, distance,
speed and direction of movement detection). The raw data extracted can be processed further for realising the object/targets distance, speed, angle and direction of movement. FoV depends on the antenna design and thus, cannot be varied through any software.

For more details please install Radar Position2Go, it includes all the documentation, hardware and software support. Please note that Position2Go is a discontinued and thus, we will be reducing our technical support for the same

Best Regards,
Honey

0 Likes
hemanthbalusu
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thank you @Honey_D
I have checked all the documents but it doesn't mention anywhere how to process these samples, can you provide a basic outline of how to do it, that would be really helpful.

Kind regards,
Hemanth

0 Likes