Regarding RF Switch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nikunj_Solanki
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

What is the ideal condition of RF Switch. Here is my parts number - BGS12SN6 When RF1 is connected and When RF2 connected?

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @Nikunj_Solanki,

The truth table for BGS12SN6 is given in the product datasheet (page number 8).

BGS12SN6_truth_table.jpeg

CTRL pin decides the connection between RFin and RFx ports.

Please let me know whether this answers your query.

Thanks and regards,

George 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @Nikunj_Solanki,

The truth table for BGS12SN6 is given in the product datasheet (page number 8).

BGS12SN6_truth_table.jpeg

CTRL pin decides the connection between RFin and RFx ports.

Please let me know whether this answers your query.

Thanks and regards,

George 

0 Likes
Mathias
Employee
Employee
5 solutions authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi @Nikunj_Solanki,

besides what George mentioned about the settings, there is no ideal conditions of a switch by itself. It depends on the circuit and system architecture.

e.g. if you have the switch in a RX direction and you mostly monitor on say path through RF1, then set the default to RF1. Consider that the antenna sees a 50 Ohm termination for the RX path in operation, so have the VDD supplied and a valid logic level at the Ctrl input.

Else it is up to your system requirement.

best regards

Mathias

0 Likes
Nikunj_Solanki
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I want to understand the antenna-matching circuit and how to make the antenna transmitting and receiving circuit for 50ohm Impedance and frequency is 865 Mhz. Please guide me on this topic.

0 Likes
Mathias
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nikunj_Solanki,

usually, the antenna impedance is matched at the antenna contact at the PCB. This can be usually achieved by measurement of antenna S-Parameter and matching those to the 50Ohm towards the TRX path. 

in your circuit example, if the connector J4 is the feeding point of the antenna, then you can make a simulation of the matching network with C28, L7 and C29 to move the impedance in your wanted frequency range into 50Ohm.

If the J4 is just a SMA like connector that connects the antenna via cable, then check the antenna s-parameter at this port. 

In case you have the antenna feeding point at a different PCB in your device, then the matching circuit to 50Ohm need to be done at this PCB again at the feeding point directly.

hope this could guide you 

best regards

Mathias

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nikunj_Solanki
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your guidance.

I want to used this circuit in minimum size then how can i place the component in the pcb layout?

0 Likes
Mathias
Employee
Employee

Just place them as a Pi similar to the schematic

Layout_Network.PNG

Thank You So much.

I want a transmitting and receiving circuit for an antenna for a frequency of 865Mhz and 50ohm Impedance can you suggest me a circuit for my design?

0 Likes
Mathias
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nikunj_Solanki,

there are a multitude of influence factors for designing the circuits, starting from the TX source impedance, the RX input stage and the antenna impedance. This is not a support we can deliver based on our switch device. Your schematic gives you already a quite comprehensive guide and you need to match the elements. 

best regards

Mathias

Nikunj_Solanki
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for your guidance.

0 Likes