RF Switch help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mastella
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello all,

I´m a designer but not related to RF solutions and I´m working with CC1310 from Texas. This IC is ok for short-range transmissions.
So I´m considering using a power amplifier like CMX90A004 from CML.
For it, I´ll need to use an RF switch to select the RF path from the power amplifier to the antenna when transmitting and another path from the antenna to CC1310 RF pins (the balloon).

Could someone help me find the correct IC from Infineon and some help in hardware?
Thank you
Regards

PS: sorry but English is not my mother language

0 Likes
1 Solution
George_T
50 likes received First question asked 250 replies posted

Hi @Mastella,

I am really sorry for the delay in response.

The requirement from the switch side is to have a 50 Ohm impedance matched interface. Matching circuit is the requirement from the application side and mainly depends on the frequency bands needs to be handled. I would recommend to check from the application requirement regarding the matching circuit.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks and regards,

George

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
George_T

Hi @Mastella,

Please go through the following link to understand the SPDT RF switches available from Infineon, suitable for the application.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/rf/rf-switches-spxt-dpxt/?filterValues=~(608~(~%27SPDT)~prod...

Please see if the application power requirement are within the power handling capability of the switches.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi George, thank you for your help.
Reading the material about BGS12PN10, in application notes, I saw that input signals and output signal don´t have any circuit (like a PI filter) to match antenna impedance.
As I use CC1312 (or CC1310) from Texas Instruments in their circuits there is always this kind of circuit.
Do you think it´s safe to omit this matching circuit (Output side)?
My circuit will use CC131x, a balun (from Johanson), a matching circuit(?), CMX90A004 (from CML) and BGS12PN10.
Thank you for your help

Regards
André

0 Likes
George_T

Hi @Mastella,

I am really sorry for the delay in response.

The requirement from the switch side is to have a 50 Ohm impedance matched interface. Matching circuit is the requirement from the application side and mainly depends on the frequency bands needs to be handled. I would recommend to check from the application requirement regarding the matching circuit.

Please let me know if more information is required.

Thanks and regards,

George

0 Likes