Click here for a High performance download of the WICED-Studio 6.4.0 Installer (Windows) through Akamai
Note 1: The config.eml file needed for the installation process (must reside in same physical folder as installer during install process) is included as an attachment at the bottom of this page. The config.eml file was not included in the same .zip file as the installer (as done with previous SDK releases).
There is a known installer issue which occurs when white space is included in the path to the temp folder.
To overcome this issue, do the following:
README for WICED Community Page
Important: For all WICED Studio MFi versions, please place the config.eml file provided here within the zip file download inside of the same folder where the associated installer binary is located, then install.
- Download "WIN_MFI_WICED-Studio-X.X.X.XX-Installer.zip"
- Extract the installer exe and config.eml file from the zip file to temp folder on your computer; do not execute the installer from the zip file (see screen shot below, WIDOWS_MFI.png)
- Double click the installer exe to install WICED Studio
- After installation in completed, launch WICED Studio IDE from shortcut on desktop
1. Java version 9.x or higher is not supported by WICED SDK.
2. WICED Studio installation requires at least 5GB free disk space.
- Uninstall "WICED Studio" from Control Panel -> Programs and Features OR (in Win 10)
Start Menu -> Settings -> System -> Apps & features -> WICED-Studio -> Uninstall
- To clean up all WICED components manually, delete files and folders for the IDE and SDK, typically in "C:\Users\<name>\Documents\WICED" and "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\WICED"Show Less
This application note describes how the secure boot and secure flash features operate with the Cypress® CYW4390X family of embedded wireless system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices. Secure boot and secure flash features are not required during the early product development phase. As feature functionality involves programming one-time programmable (OTP) nonvolatile memory, it is important to exercise diligent precautions before starting the process.Show Less
Application Notes & Examples:
Regulatory and Test:
Evaluation Kit Page: BCM94343WWCD1_EVB Evaluation and Development Kit | Cypress Semiconductor
Hardware User and Quick Start Guides:
BCM94343WWCD1 Design Files:
Buy Now: Shopping cart | Cypress Store
CyBluetool is a GUI tool for testing and debugging Cypress Bluetooth devices. CyBluetool connects to the Bluetooth devices at HCI protocol layer and currently supports HCI UART and HCI USB transport interfaces. The tool allows user to send Bluetooth(BT) HCI commands and receive BT HCI events from the BT controller of the connected devices.
The .zip file contains a self extracting executable which includes both the program installation and the latest CyBluetool User Guide.Show Less
As a new user, I'm working my way thru the SuperSpeed Design by Example book and now I'm trying to run the very first LED flasher demo and I've run into a number of issues.
1) In the Reference at the end of the book, it states that the FX3 Eval board CYUSBKIT-003 should enumerate as a bootloader after a reset. It doesn't. it come up as StreamerExample. How do I fix that?
2) Where are all the example .img files used in the book? I've download the example zip from here http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57990 and looked at these here http://www.cypress.com/?rID=101781. Nothing looks like Chapter3Example1.img
I want to check the functionality of Pagination in a loop, so I have used recurse function. Please find the script below and help me to troubleshoot the error "The function passed to cypress-recurse did not return a chainable instance. Did you forget the "return" command?"
Additional installation notes for Linux:
Note that an additional step is required when connecting a WICED development board to a computer running Linux. On common Linux distributions, the serial UART ports (usually /dev/ttySx or /dev/ttyUSBx devices) belongs to the root user and to the dialout group. Standard users are not allowed to access these devices.
An easy way to allow the current user access to the Linux machine's serial ports is by adding the user to the dialout group.
This can be done using the following command: $sudo usermod -a -G dialout $USER
Note also that for this command to take effect, the user must log out and then log back in.
If the following error is encountered during the installation process: “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported”, you will need to run the following command in order to update Java to version 1.8: “sudo dnf install java”
If Linux OS version is older than mentioned above, you might see this issue below when compiling applications -
gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found
In this case, newer version of libstdc is needed. You might need to upgrade your Linux OS or try -
> sudo apt-get install libstdc++6Show Less