WICED-Smart-SDK-2.1.1-IDE-Installer (Windows)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Note: SDK 2.1.1 requires the WICED SMART BCM92073X_LE_KIT small form factor development board and cannot be used with older BCM920732_LE_KIT development boards.

WICED™ SMART Software Development Kit (version 2.1.1)

The WICED Smart SDK includes the tools and software needed to create BLE peripheral and central devices for a wide range of products.

The SDK is available as a standalone compressed file or as a separate installer bundled with the WICED™ Integrated Development Environment.

This version of the WICED™ SMART SDK runs on Windows.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear mwf,

I find it can not install on my winXP system? Will it support winXP later?

thanks

Junlin

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Unfortunately, the SDK on works on Win7 and newer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the SDK work on Windows 8? I am getting the following message when I run the installer: "Please select another location to extract the installer to:".

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Are you trying to extract this to a networked drive? Windows 8 should work. I think we've seen this problem in the past when installing the SDK from a networked drive.

victorz

0 Likes
VictorZ_46
Employee
Employee
5 comments on blog 25 sign-ins 250 likes received

Network drive can be a problem.  VM can be a big problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note: SDK 2.1.1 requires the WICED SMART BCM92073X_LE_KIT small form factor development board means this SDK needs specified board , and can't write to BCM920737 directly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I need flash memory programming information.
I couldn't find that information in th e datasheet...

0 Likes
MichaelF_56

Please enter this as a new discussion in the main support forum here: WICED Smart Forums

Either the SDK or the Loader.exe tool which ships with the SDK (can be run from the command line) is used to program the part for the first time as the programming protocol resides within both and cannot run on an external MCU.  There are several other threads on this topic.

0 Likes