Barometric pressure sensor to measure height

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Edenmalka
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!
I need a barometric sensor, it must be waterproof, I see that the DPS368 is an option but I'd like to understand:

1.Is the sensor sensitive to water splashing over it (as in the measurement itself is expected to happen between water and air), can this false the measurement of the sensor completely or is it irrelevant to the measurement and/or accuracy of the sensor? 

2. Do you have a waterproof controller that interfaces with the DPS368 sensor. Also, is the S2GO pressure DPS368 water proof? If not, do you have another item that may fulfill this need?

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
1 Solution
Yaran_W
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi Edenmalka,

1.Due to its robust package, it can withstand 50 m under water for one hour (IPx8). The pressure sensor element is based on a capacitive sensing principle which guarantees high precision during temperature changes. So, I think it can meet your application scenarios. Here is how to integrate DSP368 into water-resistant systems guide:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN591_DPS368_system_integration_solutions-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fi...

WangYaran_0-1670460083726.png

2. S2GO pressure DPS368 did not take water-proof measures and about the controller which has the two Interface mode could be ok.

• Interface: I2C and SPI (both with optional interrupt)

BR

Yaran

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yaran_W
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi Edenmalka,

1.Due to its robust package, it can withstand 50 m under water for one hour (IPx8). The pressure sensor element is based on a capacitive sensing principle which guarantees high precision during temperature changes. So, I think it can meet your application scenarios. Here is how to integrate DSP368 into water-resistant systems guide:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN591_DPS368_system_integration_solutions-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf?fi...

WangYaran_0-1670460083726.png

2. S2GO pressure DPS368 did not take water-proof measures and about the controller which has the two Interface mode could be ok.

• Interface: I2C and SPI (both with optional interrupt)

BR

Yaran

0 Likes