dp Gen2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ckeeltd
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Infineon

Recently, I brought two set of eva board, refxdpl821035W & refxdpl8221, and try to communicate with them using dp. gen 2.0 interface. But both of them need to use different dp. version, i.e dpifgen2rev1-12-0 hex for xdpl 8210 & dpifgen2rev2-5*-0 hex for xdpl 8221. Is it correct?

Besides, I always got the error message ' Aparam out of batch'  while change the setting of xdpl 8221

Any suggestion?

HK

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @ckeeltd 

Earlier you mentioned that you are facing Aparam out of batch Error but the screenshot you shared is different.

Please check the polarity of the programming connector and reconnect it. Still if the error persists Please refer to the attached documentshttps://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-dp%20Vision%20GUI-PB-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624fb7fef2014... 

The driver we are using here is a CP driver-based which will deliver the specified current and power rating.
Can you please tell us why do you want to change the output parameters?

For  communication between XDPL8221 & UART ,Refer to the attached documents

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Whitepaper_lighting_ICs_XDP_digital_power_XDPL8221_controller... 

Regards

Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Kanahaiya_K

Hello @ckeeltd 

Yes, you are Right. XDPL8210 and XDPL8221 require different .dp versions

Can you please let us know what settings you want to change in XDPL8221?

Can you please share the screenshot of the error?

And please let us know which tool and version you are using.

Are you also facing the same issue with xdpl8210 also?

Thanks & Regards

Kanahaiya

0 Likes

Dear Kanahaiya

Thank you for your prompt response!

I have changed the DP.2 version  to 2.1, it works and it can can let to adjust the parameters. But it always display the following window after each changes.  I am not sure if Is it normal, I am the first time to use the infineon product. 

ckeeltd_0-1652503085183.png

There is no problem for xdpl8210 but I need to change the older dp.2 version for communication. 

One more question, any suggestion if I communicate with xdpl82221 with Adriano, D1 via uart. How can I change the full duplex, tx & rx,  to single wire half duplex...etc. 

Cheers

ckeeltd

0 Likes
Dear Kanahaiya

Thank you for your prompt response!

I have changed the DP.2 version to 2.1, it works and it can can let to
adjust the parameters. But it always display the following window after
each changes. I am not sure if Is it normal, I am the first time to use
the infineon product.

[image: ckeeltd_0-1652503085183.png]

There is no problem for xdpl8210 but I need to change the older dp.2
version for communication.

One more question, any suggestion if I communicate with xdpl82221 with
Adriano, D1 via uart. How can I change the full duplex, tx & rx, to single
wire half duplex...etc.

Cheers

ckeeltd

<>
不含病毒。www.avast.com
<>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
0 Likes
Kanahaiya_K

Hi @ckeeltd 

Earlier you mentioned that you are facing Aparam out of batch Error but the screenshot you shared is different.

Please check the polarity of the programming connector and reconnect it. Still if the error persists Please refer to the attached documentshttps://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-dp%20Vision%20GUI-PB-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624fb7fef2014... 

The driver we are using here is a CP driver-based which will deliver the specified current and power rating.
Can you please tell us why do you want to change the output parameters?

For  communication between XDPL8221 & UART ,Refer to the attached documents

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Whitepaper_lighting_ICs_XDP_digital_power_XDPL8221_controller... 

Regards

Kanahaiya

0 Likes