doubt in current sensing circuit for ICE1HS01G-1

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mark_Evens
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Screenshot from 2022-05-14 12-13-25.png

 In the above circuit what is the use of diodes Dcs1 and Dcs2, and how to choose them?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nishanth
100 solutions authored 10 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello @Mark_Evens,

Thank you for posting in the Infineon community.

Dcs1 is used in the rectification of the current sense signal that will appear across the Rcs2.

CS pin has an absolute maximum rating of -0.3V to 5V. As a result, Dcs2 clamps any negative voltage spikes that might occur in the ground line and protects the CS pin from any damage or malfunction.

Small-signal fast switching diodes like the 1N4148 can be used for Dcs1 and Dcs2.

I hope this explanation was useful. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Nishanth Kulkarni

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nishanth
100 solutions authored 10 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello @Mark_Evens,

Thank you for posting in the Infineon community.

Dcs1 is used in the rectification of the current sense signal that will appear across the Rcs2.

CS pin has an absolute maximum rating of -0.3V to 5V. As a result, Dcs2 clamps any negative voltage spikes that might occur in the ground line and protects the CS pin from any damage or malfunction.

Small-signal fast switching diodes like the 1N4148 can be used for Dcs1 and Dcs2.

I hope this explanation was useful. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Nishanth Kulkarni