XDPL8219 Sample Power Supply Not Working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
omerfaruk
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi,

I have designed my Power Supply with XDPL8219 and sent it to TAC to get support but They said "We do not have the capacity to check individual designs directly. "

We do not have any local FAE to help us. 

We need your support to resolve the problem here, I have just changed little things when compare with your sample design. (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Engineering_report_REF-XDPL8219-U40W-ApplicationNotes-v01_01-...)

We can get voltage at the HV and VCC pin, but there is no voltage on GD pin to start MOSFET.

I have double-checked the schematic compared with your sample design but can not see anything. 

I have no more time to finish and start real production for a project.

Please check the attached files. 

Thank you very much

Omer

Voltage: 54V
Current: 1.1A
N: 3.2 (32/10)
Induc.: 365 uH

Ipri(peak)max: 3.89A
Ipri(rms)max: 1.25A

Mosfet RDS<=0.63 (So I have selected 800V 600mOHM)

Output Diode should be > 12A (I have selected 2x8A)

Rcsmin: 0.115R
Rcsmax: 0.138R /// I have selected 0.12R

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Omer,

There are few application specific parameters which have to be digitally configured in XDPL8219 . By default, these configurable parameters of a new XDPL8219 chip are empty, so it is necessary to configure them digitally via UART pin before any application testing.

The list of parameters can be found in Chapter 4 of the IC datasheet.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XDPL8219-DataSheet-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46272aa54c00172c...

Please confirm if you have configured these. 

Regards

Meghana 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Meghana

Hello Omer,

There is no noticeable problem in the schematic. Can you please try below pointers and let us know the observation. 

1. Try applying a ramp input from a function generator on FB pin ( disconnect it from the optocoupler), not exceeding 2.42V  and see if you are getting the gate signals.

2. Verify whether the same issue is repeated on other boards or on the same board by replacing the IC. 

We can analyze further based on your feedback. 

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
omerfaruk
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Meghana,

I am really happy to see your message. We really need your support.

1- We do not have a function generator, but We have used a square signal to send FB pin as 2V with a microcontroller analog pin. Is that acceptable? We can not see any voltage at the GATE pin. 

2- We have changed XDPL8219 IC with a new one and tried, but no voltage at the GATE pin.

Please check the attached file to see the oscilloscope screen photo.

Waiting for your next support

Regards

Omer 

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Omer,

There are few application specific parameters which have to be digitally configured in XDPL8219 . By default, these configurable parameters of a new XDPL8219 chip are empty, so it is necessary to configure them digitally via UART pin before any application testing.

The list of parameters can be found in Chapter 4 of the IC datasheet.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-XDPL8219-DataSheet-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46272aa54c00172c...

Please confirm if you have configured these. 

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes

Hi Meghana,

Can I get a reply to my last question?

0 Likes
omerfaruk
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Meghana,

I see, our new IC is empty. I want to ask you that question. If someone wants to make a sample board to test your IC, who must buy the IF-BOARD.DP-GEN2 ? We are not sure to use Infineon IC for our power supply, so buying this KIT is a risk for us. 

We just want to burn parameters in the IC, Is there any way to burn parameters with USB TTL (rx,tx)?

Thank you

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Omer,

XDPL8219 is provided with half duplex one wire  UART communication interface. It is necessary to use an external converter between your PC and the IC.  As the IC will be used in high voltage environment, it is also important to have isolation between the XDPL8219 and the PC. 

IF-BOARD.DP-GEN2 fulfills all these requirements and it will be an easy task to flash the device with this converter board.

It is should be also possible to use USB to TTL converter instead, to configure these parameters, but make sure this digital converter has the required isolation and the potential applied on UART/Pin 6 of XDPL8219 does not exceed 3.6V (Refer Table 18 of datasheet). The Tx pin of the TTL end should be connected to UART pin and the baud rate for this parameter configuration should be 57600+/- 10%. (Refer Table 26 of the datasheet).

Also it is necessary to have an interface software to edit and transfer these CSV files into the device. I'm working to find out if .dp vision software is compatible with any other converter or not. Will provide you the feedback on it soon. 

Thank you.

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Omer,

Have you contacted any local distributor of Infineon. There is a possibility to borrow IF-BOARD.DP-GEN2 for a limited time. This might be a better solution in your case. Please check.

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes

Hello Meghana

We have ordered GEN2 and waiting for delivery.

Thanks

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Omer,

Do you have further query related to this topic? If no, can we close this thread?

Regards

Meghana 

0 Likes