Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Moetaz12
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi all , 

I want to communicate the wlc1115 with an esp32 using Uart , but it has only a Tx Pin , Can i configure pin number 59 which is "GPIO12" as RX , or should i use an other communication protocol ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

You cannot configure GPIO12 as UART RX as GPIO12 belongs to SCB3 and does not support UART RX alternate function.

UART TX (GPIO7/SCB1) corresponds to SCB1 and Rx is not enabled for this SCB by default as Rx pin is reused for another purpose. UART TX is used for sending debug logs by default. You can enable or disable the same.

SCB3 is used for HPI communication with our HPI dongle. You can reconfigure this SCB to act as UART or SPI or I2C to communicate with your external microcontroller. Please use Device Configurator available in ModusToolBox for modifying device configurations. You should disable the Macro CCG_HPI_ENABLE in the code.

You can also reuse SCB0 I2C master configuration and communicate with external I2C slave with different address than OPTIGA.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi,

You cannot configure GPIO12 as UART RX as GPIO12 belongs to SCB3 and does not support UART RX alternate function.

UART TX (GPIO7/SCB1) corresponds to SCB1 and Rx is not enabled for this SCB by default as Rx pin is reused for another purpose. UART TX is used for sending debug logs by default. You can enable or disable the same.

SCB3 is used for HPI communication with our HPI dongle. You can reconfigure this SCB to act as UART or SPI or I2C to communicate with your external microcontroller. Please use Device Configurator available in ModusToolBox for modifying device configurations. You should disable the Macro CCG_HPI_ENABLE in the code.

You can also reuse SCB0 I2C master configuration and communicate with external I2C slave with different address than OPTIGA.

Thanks,
Ajeeth