WLC1115 default configuration firmware & LEDs

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
betterboards
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am developing a design using the WLC1115-68LQXQT IC. I have two questions.

1. Does the WLC1115 IC come pre-loaded with default firmware? Is it possible to use the IC in the default configuration (as defined by the reference design) without flashing firmware or configuring the device using a computer?

2. Can you provide a table describing the different LED states? I have not been able to find this in any of the documentation. I am referring to the red and blue LEDs used in the reference design on pins 26 (LED1) and 27 (LED2).

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @betterboards 

Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer community.

1. Does the WLC1115 IC come pre-loaded with default firmware? Is it possible to use the IC in the default configuration (as defined by the reference design) without flashing firmware or configuring the device using a computer?

There is only a bootloader on the WLC1115. When you connect it with the configuration tool then you can observe the bootloader associated with it only .It is necessary to update the firmware to proceed further.you can find the more details about how to configure and download the firmware in section 4.2 of  WLC1115 MP-A11 15-W wireless power transmitter (REF_WLC_TX15W_C1) user guide .

2.Can you provide a table describing the different LED states? I have not been able to find this in any of the documentation. I am referring to the red and blue LEDs used in the reference design on pins 26 (LED1) and 27 (LED2)?

The LED 1 will blink five times in Blue and red colour after connecting the USB power adapter to the refrence board's USB type-C socket to indicate that the board is ready for operation.The LED status is displayed below when the receiver is placed on the transmitter interface.

S.No. System state Status LED indication
1 Idle state No LED indication
2 Configuration of the power delivery parameters with receiver/phone in progress Blinks blue
3 Power delivery in progress Glows blue
4 Power delivery/charge complete No LED indication
5 Foreign object (FO) such as a metal coin/clip detected Glows red until FO is removed
6 Fault during power transfer Glows red until the fault is cleared
7 Abrupt End of Power Transfer (EPT) initiated by the receiver Blinks red

Please feel free to contact in case of any further clarifications.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi @betterboards 

Thanks for posting on the Infineon Developer community.

There is only a bootloader on the WLC1115. When you connect it with the configuration tool then you can observe the bootloader associated with it only .It is necessary to update the firmware to proceed further.you can find the more details about how to configure and download the firmware in section 4.2 of  WLC1115 MP-A11 15-W wireless power transmitter (REF_WLC_TX15W_C1) user guide .

2.Can you provide a table describing the different LED states? I have not been able to find this in any of the documentation. I am referring to the red and blue LEDs used in the reference design on pins 26 (LED1) and 27 (LED2)?

The LED 1 will blink five times in Blue and red colour after connecting the USB power adapter to the refrence board's USB type-C socket to indicate that the board is ready for operation.The LED status is displayed below when the receiver is placed on the transmitter interface.

S.No. System state Status LED indication
1 Idle state No LED indication
2 Configuration of the power delivery parameters with receiver/phone in progress Blinks blue
3 Power delivery in progress Glows blue
4 Power delivery/charge complete No LED indication
5 Foreign object (FO) such as a metal coin/clip detected Glows red until FO is removed
6 Fault during power transfer Glows red until the fault is cleared
7 Abrupt End of Power Transfer (EPT) initiated by the receiver Blinks red

Please feel free to contact in case of any further clarifications.

Best Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes