WLC1115 debug log

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sbl
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

Can you please explain the attached WLC1115 debug log?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Samir Ltaief,

Thanks for posting in the Infineon Developer community!

This debug log is used while debugging the firmware of WLC1115. This log will use the short form for the packets used in the Qi specification. For example, CEP stands for Control Error Packet, ASK stands for Amplitude Shift Keying, FSK stands for Frequency Shift Keying, etc.

Also, this log uses WLC1115-specific pin names as acronyms like VBRG(VBRIDGE), NTC(Negative Temperature Coefficient), VIN_V, PTX stands for Transmitted Power, etc.

Other common short forms used include TEMP(Temperature), calib(Calibrated), Thres(Threshold), etc.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi Samir Ltaief,

Thanks for posting in the Infineon Developer community!

This debug log is used while debugging the firmware of WLC1115. This log will use the short form for the packets used in the Qi specification. For example, CEP stands for Control Error Packet, ASK stands for Amplitude Shift Keying, FSK stands for Frequency Shift Keying, etc.

Also, this log uses WLC1115-specific pin names as acronyms like VBRG(VBRIDGE), NTC(Negative Temperature Coefficient), VIN_V, PTX stands for Transmitted Power, etc.

Other common short forms used include TEMP(Temperature), calib(Calibrated), Thres(Threshold), etc.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
sbl
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks!
the efficiency = (PRX/PTX )*100, Is it correct?

0 Likes
sbl
Level 4
Level 4

Can you please answer my question above?

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi,

PRx/PTx will give system efficiency excluding buck converters and is also not very accurate.

So, I recommend you to do power measurement at the input(Terminals/VBus) and Output(Load) and calculate efficiency with the obtained values.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
sbl
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

can you please give me  an example?
If I connect a smartphone as a receiver. How I can calculate the efficiency?

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hi,

In the case of smartphones, Battery is the load. You have to measure voltage and current near the load(Battery in this case) to get the Output Power. Input Power can be measured near the Input terminals.

Thanks,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
sbl
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks!