WLC1115 Disable PD Negotiation

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tsroga
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like received 10 sign-ins

Hello. I am wondering if it is possible to set the WLC1115 IC to only negotiate for 5V, and not 9V? Is it possible to change the negotiation profile? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ajeethkumar_P
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hello,

The ModusToolBox example provided is compatible with REF_WLC_TX15W_C1. As REF_WLC_TX15W_C1 is a Buck-only solution and digital ping can happen only at 9V, 9V PD re-negotiation happens. If you are using the Buck-Boost instead of Buck, a 5V contract can be used, but appropriate firmware modifications would be needed. You can check the soln_policy_task function in the solution.c if you wish to modify the firmware according to your application.

Regards,
Ajeeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ajeethkumar_P

Hello,

• Which board you are using with WLC1115? Are you using your custom board?
  • Why do you want WLC1115 to negotiate only for 5V and not 9V?
  • Which firmware do you use? Did you do any customizations?

Regards,
Ajeeth

0 Likes
tsroga
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like received 10 sign-ins

Hello Ajeeth, 

I'm using a custom PCB with an ESP8266 mounted. The ESP8266 draws its power from a LDO that converts 5V to 3.3V. I overlooked the absolute maximum of the LDO which is 6V. When the WLC1115 negotiates for 9V, the LDO shuts down. I tried modifying the sink PDO profiles in the EZ-PD configurator, and exporting the config to the project directory. So far I haven't had any luck. I'm not sure if I am looking in the right direction. I can replace the LDO, but I would like to prove the concept as is. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Ajeethkumar_P

Hello,

The ModusToolBox example provided is compatible with REF_WLC_TX15W_C1. As REF_WLC_TX15W_C1 is a Buck-only solution and digital ping can happen only at 9V, 9V PD re-negotiation happens. If you are using the Buck-Boost instead of Buck, a 5V contract can be used, but appropriate firmware modifications would be needed. You can check the soln_policy_task function in the solution.c if you wish to modify the firmware according to your application.

Regards,
Ajeeth

0 Likes