Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Is it possible to set the polarity of the WK pin on the TLE9461ES to HIGH active instead of LOW active?

If it is yes, which register should I set?

Best Regards,
Tetsuo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Albab_A
5 likes given 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello Tetsuo-san,

As discussed, The wake input pin it is edge-sensitive and has a switching threshold of typically 3V.
Both transitions, High to Low and Low to High, result in a signalization by the SBC. The signalization occurs either by triggering the interrupt in SBC Normal Mode and SBC Stop Mode or by a wake-up of the device in SBC Sleep and SBC Failsafe Mode.

Best Regards,

Albab

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Albab_A

Hello Tetsuo-san,

Are you talking about why we have High Input pin as WK/VSENSE? It is described in datasheet  under section 5.4.1

Additionally, WK voltage capability is 40 V (AMR) and in addition with the protection circuitry as depicted under "Application Diagram", you can use it without the transistor.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes
TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Albab-san,

Since WK is LOW active, the IG voltage was logically inverted using a transistor and input to WK. I thought that if it could input IG directly, it could reduce the number of parts.

Thanks,

Tetsuo

0 Likes
Albab_A

Hello Tetsuo-san,

As discussed, The wake input pin it is edge-sensitive and has a switching threshold of typically 3V.
Both transitions, High to Low and Low to High, result in a signalization by the SBC. The signalization occurs either by triggering the interrupt in SBC Normal Mode and SBC Stop Mode or by a wake-up of the device in SBC Sleep and SBC Failsafe Mode.

Best Regards,

Albab

TeMa_2997106
Level 6
Level 6

Albab-san,

Thank you very much.
I understand.

Regards,
Tetsuo