Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vijayaraju
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked
Hello, We are not using the output tracker-1 i.e QT1 pin in TLF35584QVVS1 PMIC. Please suggest whether need to terminate the pin or we can simply leave that pin in floating? if we need to terminate that pin with resistor, how much resistance we need to put? Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

It's recommended to  connect a min. 1uF capacitor to GND, even it is unused.

Thanks,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Xiangrui

Hi,

It's recommended to  connect a min. 1uF capacitor to GND, even it is unused.

Thanks,

Xiangrui

vijayaraju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Xiangrui,

Thank you for your reply!

Can you suggest any document or any application note related to TLF35584QVVS1? I did not much information in datasheet.  is there any noise or some other issues if we add capacitor?

Thanks

0 Likes
Xiangrui

Hi,

the ESR has to be considered for noise reason. But there is no more application note for it.

my suggestion is ESR < 100mΩ

However, the assumed value also need to be evaluated in system level.

Regards,

Xiangrui

0 Likes
vijayaraju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes. But let me ask one thing. So here we are leaving that QT1 pin as open but with a capacitor to ground. So that does not mean that the pin is in floating?  Then no issue?  

Thanks

0 Likes
Xiangrui

Hi,

QT1 connect a capacitor to GND is OK.

If you are concerning about this. As alternative, connection of tracking regulator output to the output of the pre regulator (FB) would be possible without external capacitors.
Tracking regulators are protected for high voltage at the output and blocking reverse currents to their input. As soon as tracking regulator gets enabled by power sequencing, the voltage monitoring will detect the present OV case (Vprereg). Tracking regulator gets disabled and the reported interrupt due to the OV event for the unused regulator can be cleared in the diagnostic flags via SPI.

Regards,

Xiangrui

0 Likes