Unstable output voltage of EVAL_3K3W_TP_PFC_CC

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BorislavDragov
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello everyone!

I have 2pcs EVAL_3K3W_TP_PFC_CC boards and after the first power-up, both of them have unstable output voltage! It should be around 400V, but it bounces between 405 to 440V. This measurement is made with and without load and has the same final result! 

At this link, I have made videos in the two cases with waveform measurements at the output: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1etVP54MyFwrMpfUXj3C86bZTQ1oehTcS?usp=share_link

If you listen to the video with the sound on you can clearly hear how the board starts humming when boosting the voltage and stops whit the wave drop!

I have lost a month waiting for support to help me solve this issue and I will be very grateful for any additional assistance. I have a dead-end by the 27th of May to finish my project and everything relies on fixing this!

Thank you in advance!

You can also contact me on:

email: borko@idrobts.com

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Dear @BorislavDragov,

Good Day!

Sorry for the delay in response.

We followed you this issue in Infineon case management.

We have tested the board here, it's working as expected. Attached are the waveforms at no load and light load.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Guruprasad_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello @BorislavDragov ,

Thank you for posting in the Infineon community.

Do you make any changes to the board? If so, describe the modifications in detail.

Regards,

GA

0 Likes
BorislavDragov
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello! The boards are brand new and I do not change anything because of the warranty! Only measured the board and change the load. I searched for adjustment software or device to do it, but there is no such information in the exclusive info pack after registering it. I bought XMC J-Link for setting up my other LLC boards, but they do not look suitable for this one.

Best regards,

Borislav Dragov

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vinay
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Dear @BorislavDragov,

Good Day!

Sorry for the delay in response.

We followed you this issue in Infineon case management.

We have tested the board here, it's working as expected. Attached are the waveforms at no load and light load.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vinay
0 Likes