Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
iCatlett
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 likes given 5 questions asked

Hello, 

I have a custom PCBA based off of the REFWLCTX15WC1 reference design and I am running into some charging issues. I can't get a solid charging connection with the PCBA if the distance between the TX and RX coils are greater than 2mm. I hooked up a 5V TTL cable to the debug pins to get a better understanding of what's happening by reading the debug log. On the debug log, I get EPT = 5 or EPT = 9, ASK = NOISE or ASK = FAIL, and Q-Peaks greater than 1.

Is there a document somewhere that explains the different EPT codes and also explains the debug logs are telling me? 

I'd appreciate any and all help with this. Attached is the debug log I mentioned earlier.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @iCatlett ,

Since you have custom PCB board. It is necessary to do the FOD tuning of the evaluation board. The FOD tuning will help to tune the FOD parameters for optimal power transmitter performance. Please refer to the attached application note which will help you with the FOD tuning.

As per the debug log and the EPT code, it seems that the receiver load is exceeding the threshold, and overcurrent phenomena is occurring. The different EPT codes are explained in the QI specification document named Communications Protocol. Please refer the same for more details.

Please share the below mentioned details in case the above information doesn't help you.
1. Receiver details
2. Required power for the receiver
3. Fresh Debug log(Placing the receiver on the transmitter and taking it off after a little while)

Regards,
Kanahaiya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Kanahaiya_K
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @iCatlett ,

Since you have custom PCB board. It is necessary to do the FOD tuning of the evaluation board. The FOD tuning will help to tune the FOD parameters for optimal power transmitter performance. Please refer to the attached application note which will help you with the FOD tuning.

As per the debug log and the EPT code, it seems that the receiver load is exceeding the threshold, and overcurrent phenomena is occurring. The different EPT codes are explained in the QI specification document named Communications Protocol. Please refer the same for more details.

Please share the below mentioned details in case the above information doesn't help you.
1. Receiver details
2. Required power for the receiver
3. Fresh Debug log(Placing the receiver on the transmitter and taking it off after a little while)

Regards,
Kanahaiya

0 Likes