Understanding SPI communcation for the TLE92464ED Evaluation kit

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
elibarber
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 likes given

Trying to understand how the XMC 11000 firmware communicates with my TLE92464ED Evaluation kit card.

Based on the data sheet the address is 0002 and the value 4005, yet with the infineon evaluation GUI the address is 0x02 ( the same) and 0x4005 ... ! Why is the GLOBAL_CONFIG parameters different in the GUI versus the documentation.

I am also wondering how this sends the command spi(1,0,74054004)!  Can anyone explain the exact conversion process that is happening? How can I read and write to a specific address, enabling/disable bits, for specific settings?How does the value change, you will notice, when I change it to a read. How does this work?

spi(slot, spiDev, out) - spi write
Sends an spi command with content out to device spiDev (normaly 0).
Returns the return value of the previous command, if successful (previous command can be the
watchdog command, if activated).

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Next-Generation-Solenoid-Driver-Evaluation-Kit-TLE92464ED-TLE...

Capture.PNG

capture2.PNG

  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Mathi_E
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First like received

Hi,

TLE92464ED work via SPI communication. GUI is for getting start to understand the device. So the GUI to XMC controller communication is via USB and XMC controller send the information to TLE92464ED via SPI according the frame format of TLE92464ED mentioned in DS of section 5.2.3. 
If you want to have your own control then XMC controller can be completely programmed by you according to your requirement to control TLE92464ED. Is that the case you want to do?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Mathi_E
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First like received

Hi,

TLE92464ED work via SPI communication. GUI is for getting start to understand the device. So the GUI to XMC controller communication is via USB and XMC controller send the information to TLE92464ED via SPI according the frame format of TLE92464ED mentioned in DS of section 5.2.3. 
If you want to have your own control then XMC controller can be completely programmed by you according to your requirement to control TLE92464ED. Is that the case you want to do?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Mathi_E,

Thank you, I think that I am going to Program the XMC 1100 then. Mostly because the current documentation is limited/insufficient. In fact, the current firmware has 6 more commands than the user manual even lists...!Hopefully this should be a good reference for anyone else reading--that they will also probably need to take the Arduino route for controller the evaluation board.

User manual: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Next-Generation-Solenoid-Driver-Evaluation-Kit-TLE92464ED-TLE...

0 Likes