TLS850B0TEVXX Vs TLE4267GM Vs TLE4476

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaSe_4667596
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Basically we are looking for LDO to supply MCU and other peripheral where max current requirement is 300mA.

Input supply will go up to 28.5V when battery is in charge condition. This is for 24V battery operated vehicles.

LDO should have capability to sustain cranking noise and should have capability to work with direct battery connection to input pin.

We have check datasheet of all part and found below note

TLS850:

• Automotive or other supply systems that are connected to the battery permanently

• Automotive supply systems that need to operate in cranking condition

TLE4267GM :

• Automotive or other supply systems that are connected to the battery permanently

• Automotive supply systems that need to operate in cranking condition

TLE4476:

Not found

Is it mean only TLS850 has capability to work direct battery and will work with cranking condition?

Does TLS4267GM has only capability to work with direct battery connection and not suited for cranking condition?

What about TLE4476?

In TLE4476 datasheet Page 8, we found that it is required LC circuit to input pin to regulate input noise.

Does it mean TLE4476 required some additional component to input pin and TLS850 and TLE4267 can work without a

LC filter to input line.

Please suggest

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.

As per your requirements and after discussing it with my team, I have updated the feature table of the mentioned LDOs: 

Sr. No. Requirements  TLS850 TLE4467 TLE4267GM

Output Current<300mA

Yes   Yes  Yes
2. 24 V Battery Operated  No Yes Yes
3. Direct Battery Connection Yes (wrt 12 V battery) Yes Yes
4. Handle Cranking Noise  Yes  Yes Yes

These are the following conclusions made:

1. Based on the products minimum- maximum voltage range of the LDOs, all the three products are suitable for cranking conditions. 

2. For the input filter circuit, please go as per the datasheet says. Also, your understanding of the configuration (a resistor in series with capacitor) is correct.
Additional filter circuit can be added as per the system/application requirement.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Yes, your understanding is correct. TLE850 has a internal new loop concept that provides fast regulation and very high stability while requiring only one small ceramic capacitor of 1 µF at the output. which is not present in TLE4267GM.

For the filter part:
TLE4267GM and TLE4476 both requires an input capacitor and use of resistor is also recommended which is necessary for compensation of line influences. 
Attaching the screenshot:
1. TLE4267GM (DS,page 9)

G_Anshika_0-1656678829736.png

2. TLE4467 (DS, Page 8 )

G_Anshika_1-1656679072990.png

For TLE850 : A input capacitor along with reverse polarity diode , is recommended.

G_Anshika_2-1656679208261.png

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes

Thank you for answer.

As we know TLS850 is for 12V connected battery supply vehicle and not suitable for 24V connected vehicle. Is there any way to use TLS850 for 24V connected vehicle?

For TLE4467 andTLE4267GM, I hope I understood correct and as per application note I need to connect 1 ohm series resistor with input cap as shown below. Correct If I'm wrong.

RC.JPG

Do I required cold/warm crank protection circuit in TLE4467 andTLE4267GM?

Any recommend input filter circuit for TLE4467 andTLE4267GM?

0 Likes

Hello,
I have prepared a list of the basic features of the mentioned LDOs : 

Output Current<350mA

Yes   Yes  Yes
2. 24 V Battery Operated  ? ? ?
3. Direct Battery Connection Yes  Yes Yes
4. Handle Cranking Noise  Yes  No No

1. Can you please clarify what is your expected jump start voltage so that we can guide if these products are suitable or not?

2. Also, for crank protection related circuit, what crank voltage can occur? On the basis of that we can tell you to go for which crank circuit.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes

Hello,

1. Can you please clarify what is your expected jump start voltage so that we can guide if these products are suitable or not?

-->  24V

2. Also, for crank protection related circuit, what crank voltage can occur? On the basis of that we can tell you to go for which crank circuit.

--> Required Crank and load dump protection for 24V battery system. (Load dump voltage upto 200V and 6V crank)

0 Likes

Any suggestion

0 Likes

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response.

As per your requirements and after discussing it with my team, I have updated the feature table of the mentioned LDOs: 

Output Current<300mA

Yes   Yes  Yes
2. 24 V Battery Operated  No Yes Yes
3. Direct Battery Connection Yes (wrt 12 V battery) Yes Yes
4. Handle Cranking Noise  Yes  Yes Yes

These are the following conclusions made:

1. Based on the products minimum- maximum voltage range of the LDOs, all the three products are suitable for cranking conditions. 

2. For the input filter circuit, please go as per the datasheet says. Also, your understanding of the configuration (a resistor in series with capacitor) is correct.
Additional filter circuit can be added as per the system/application requirement.

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes
HW01
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted First like given

Hi Anshika

Thank you for the reply. 

My concern is regarding the package of the resistor used in the damping network connected after the pi filter network.  I wanted to know the suitable power rating of the resistor used in the damping network.

0 Likes
Anshika_G

Hello,

Can you please confirm that your query is about the power rating of  damping resistor which will be connected in series in with input capacitor?

G_Anshika_0-1658901204909.png

Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes
HW01
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted First like given

Hi!

In TLE4267,  what should be the ideal package size required for the resistor Rd connected to the input LC filter circuit? The IC is connected to the 24V battery. 

0 Likes
Anshika_G

Hello,

The package and it's size as given in datasheet is recommended. TLE4267 uses PG-TO220-7. It is ideal for using the components values as specified in the datasheet.

Please refer to below links for more details about the packaging and assembly instructions :

PG-TO220 
Infineon-Board_Assembly_Recommendations-TO-Package 

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes