TLF35584

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Nareshkumar119
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked First solution authored

Hi,

I want to configure PMIC in Sleep state, I am not getting any example code,

If you have please share me the code or procedure 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello, 

In order to request a state transition and/or a change of the LDO configuration the request data have to be written to two separated registers DEVCTRL and DEVCTRLN after each other consequently. The data written to DEVCTRLN have to be inverted bitwise compared to the data written to DEVCTRL. The request will be only accepted when the two registers are written consecutively after each other (first DEVCTRL and second DEVCTRLN) and will be taken over with the rising edge of the CS at the end of the second command.

Please refer to the chapter "11.3.3 Movements between NORMAL and SLEEP state" for the prerequisites to be met and other details in sleep mode. 

Regards 
Vishnu N 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

Which MCU is used in your board?
Here is the sample code example for the Aurix MCU and TLF35584. 
https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples/SPI_TLF_1_KIT_TC397_TFT

Regards 
Vishnu 

0 Likes

Hi Vishnu,

I need example code for sleep mode of same TC397 controller, how to configure PMIC to sleep mode from normal  mode

0 Likes

Hello, 

In order to request a state transition and/or a change of the LDO configuration the request data have to be written to two separated registers DEVCTRL and DEVCTRLN after each other consequently. The data written to DEVCTRLN have to be inverted bitwise compared to the data written to DEVCTRL. The request will be only accepted when the two registers are written consecutively after each other (first DEVCTRL and second DEVCTRLN) and will be taken over with the rising edge of the CS at the end of the second command.

Please refer to the chapter "11.3.3 Movements between NORMAL and SLEEP state" for the prerequisites to be met and other details in sleep mode. 

Regards 
Vishnu N 

0 Likes

Hi Vishnu,

I configured those register, then also state change is not happening, can you provide any example code for configuring sleep state

0 Likes

Hello, 

No code is available for this transition. We need to debug what exactly happening in your device. I hope your device remains still in normal mode even after executing the spi command got to sleep. 

How are you check that it is staying in the same state? Are you checking the "DEVSTAT" to confirm it?

In case of an invalid request (wrong sequence or DEVCTRLN not inverted to DEVCTRL) it will be rejected, an interrupt is generated and the corresponding status flag (NO_OP) is set. 
Can you please check if the interrupt was generated and NO_OP flag set?

Regards 
Vishnu N

0 Likes

Hi Vishnu,

We Configured  DEVCTRL & DEVCTRLN for SLEEP mode and called this function

getCurrentStateTLF35584(&g_tlfDevice); and device is in Wake state now.

0 Likes

Hello, 

There are some prerequisites to maintaining the state machine in the sleep state. If it is violated, the state machine will move to the wake state. 
During the transition, it will generate an interrupt and WKSF will get updated. Check the WKSF register to understand the reason for the wake-up. 

Regards 
Vishnu 

0 Likes

Hi Vishnu,

I Read the WKSF register and all the bits are 0 It is not going to sleep state directly it went to wake state.

0 Likes

Hello, 

There is only 1 way to reach to wake state from the normal state by initiating ABIST. 

How are you sure about it has directly gone to wake state? 
Can you please let me know the registers updated during this transition? 

Regards 
Vishnu 

0 Likes

Hi Vishnu,

We monitored WKSF flag that will tell why it went to wake up state.

but flag is 0. it means it is not even going to sleep state directly it is going to wake state from normal 

0 Likes

Hello, 

Can you please check IF and SYSSF?

Please read before and after the transition. 

Regards 
Vishnu N

0 Likes