TLF35584 shutdown sequence

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22192
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins First solution authored First like received
Hello,

I'm having following issue with the shutdown command for the TLF35584. There is a quick reaction from the TLF, ~6us after the command is accepted.
Depending on the MPS state there is either a ROT pulled low, or not but most probably it goes to init state.

The thing id the Ttr,del is not respected and the reaction is very fast. On the other hand if the WAK is high while the shutdown command is sent, I can see that the ROT goes low only after the Ttr,del.

My question: is there any special condition for which the shutdown command is not accepted, but instead an immediate reset is applied?

My suspects are the WDOGS since the MPS value influence the behavior.(e.g if the error counters are not 0 the TLF does not accept the command)

Regards and nice day!
Radu
0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Please check the demo software from myicp:
Demo Software on myicp
There is a working switch off function in file TLF3xx8x.c.
Please note that the LED (SS2) on the board is on to indicate that the TLF is in Normal Mode and not in INIT mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
User22192
Level 2
Level 2
Some more detail.
With MPS pin always high, since the TLF does not apply any reset to uc, I've made a read of some registers before the shutdown command and after it.
Only change I see:
- SYS bit of IF register is set "1" (still SYSSF is all 0)
- and the STATE inside DEVSTAT switches from 2 to 1 (Normal to Init)
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
It is possible that your software earlier clears the SYSSF register but not the corresponding bit in IF register?
What you have connected to WAK and ENA?
0 Likes
User22192
Level 2
Level 2
IF and SYSSF are both 0 before the shutdown command. WAK to P33.10 of SCR, ENA to a button. Is the SK HW TriBoard TC3X7
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Please check the demo software from myicp:
Demo Software on myicp
There is a working switch off function in file TLF3xx8x.c.
Please note that the LED (SS2) on the board is on to indicate that the TLF is in Normal Mode and not in INIT mode.
0 Likes