TLF35584 issue after entering shutdown sequence

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22192
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins First solution authored First like received
Hello,

Has someone seen following behavior:

- project board starts ok and I'm able to send the TLF in shutdown state(standby regulator is enabled)
- afterwards I cannot restart the board anymore, not even with a power-on

What I see with the power on sequence is that any output of TLF(Quc, Qco, Qst, etc.) is on for few us then they are off, hence I can not connect to the uc.

Regards.
0 Likes
1 Solution
AnilKumar
First question asked 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hello,

Thank you for  posting your query  in Infineon community.

As soon as TLF is powered on, it enters into INIT state, releasing Reset. All regulators are turned on.

But now when TLF is sent to standby_mode, after transition delay time Reset is turned low and regulators are turned off (Observation which u reported).Refer the timing diagram below.

AnilKumar_0-1649312177523.png

A valid Wake-Signal will bring the device from STANDBY to INIT state. Refer Section 5.1 Datasheet.

Note: The WAK and ENA input pins are battery voltage level capable. A signal, with a voltage higher than VWAK,hi appliedat pin WAK for tWAK,min represents a valid Wake-Signal. A positive going edge at pin ENA with a rise time tENA,rise represents a valid Wake-Signal.

Reach out to us for any further Query

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AnilKumar
First question asked 50 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hello,

Thank you for  posting your query  in Infineon community.

As soon as TLF is powered on, it enters into INIT state, releasing Reset. All regulators are turned on.

But now when TLF is sent to standby_mode, after transition delay time Reset is turned low and regulators are turned off (Observation which u reported).Refer the timing diagram below.

AnilKumar_0-1649312177523.png

A valid Wake-Signal will bring the device from STANDBY to INIT state. Refer Section 5.1 Datasheet.

Note: The WAK and ENA input pins are battery voltage level capable. A signal, with a voltage higher than VWAK,hi appliedat pin WAK for tWAK,min represents a valid Wake-Signal. A positive going edge at pin ENA with a rise time tENA,rise represents a valid Wake-Signal.

Reach out to us for any further Query

0 Likes