Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErVe
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

I am seing an abnormal behavior of register VMONSTAT, for some reason (we still do not know why) the register is indicating that QVR (Voltage reference) is not ok, even though we know for sure that there is voltage on the output pin, also make not sense that the register is reporting that QT1 and QT2 (Trackers) are ok, when according to datasheet QVR is directly related with QT1 and QT2 in other words make no sense that QT1 and QT2 be working when QVR don´t.

This is what I am seing on VMONSTAT: 

ErVe_0-1700586381465.png

Also another question will be, whats the difference beetween VMONSTAT and DEVSTAT, because according to Errata Sheet
Rev. 3.0, VMONSTAT is only indication when a voltage is enable (not if is out of range) and this seems to be the same as DEVSTAT, in the situation descripted above this is what I see on DEVSTAT:

ErVe_1-1700586478017.png

From my point of view make no sese that DEVSTAT is reporting VREF as "enable" but VMONSTAT is reporting it as "Not enable"

0 Likes
1 Solution
Albab_A
5 likes given 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

Thanks for the query.

1. Yes you are correct, VMONSTAT and DEVSTAT registers are live registers which track the status and reflect the actual condition of device .

2. You mention that QVR voltage is fine and QTx status is ok but still QVR is showing not okay. This was not expected. Can you share your QVR, QTx and QUC waveform if possible.

3. Additionally, if you have the schematics, can you please share in order to better troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,

Albab

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Albab_A

Hi,

Thanks for the query.

1. Yes you are correct, VMONSTAT and DEVSTAT registers are live registers which track the status and reflect the actual condition of device .

2. You mention that QVR voltage is fine and QTx status is ok but still QVR is showing not okay. This was not expected. Can you share your QVR, QTx and QUC waveform if possible.

3. Additionally, if you have the schematics, can you please share in order to better troubleshoot the issue.

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes
Albab_A

Hi,

Can you please give me an update for this thread?

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes
ErVe
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

Sorry for the late answer,

I do not have QVR, QTx and QUC waveform, as this is an esporadic behavior I am looking to get them when happen again. 

In the meantime I have been looking around and found this: 

ErVe_0-1701048715541.png

Is it possible that this VMONSTAT behavior is caused by simultaneous events?

0 Likes
Albab_A

Hi, 

I think there would be some glitch while using the GUI and there might be possibility the status of the register was stuck.

Can you please provide what was QVR voltage while setting this register. Was it 5.8 Volts? And what is the value of your QVR , QTx output capacitor used?

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes

Hi,
The QVR output capacitor is 

ismael_lopez_0-1701448266955.png

And, the QTx output capacitor is:

ismael_lopez_1-1701448402114.png

0 Likes

Regarding voltage values, this is what we have :
SW1 (Vprereg) voltage value = 5.7V
QTx voltage value = 5V
For QVR voltage value, since this is a sporadic behavior and we do not have a reference voltage for QVR that could be read by an ADC, this is something that was not measured.

To be on the same page, what does GUI stand for?

0 Likes
Albab_A

Hi,

1. Can you please share the schematics in order to better troubleshoot the issue, because this behavior from PMIC was not expected.

2. Can you please share the MONSFx, DEVSTAT and VMONSTAT register values.

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes
Albab_A

Hi,

Can you please give me an update about this thread? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes