Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Chris212
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, are there any special considerations that need to be made for the TLF35584 to respond correctly to power interrupts to its supply?

When interrupting the input supply by toggling the PSU for approx 1 second, the TLF does not  appear to start-up and I presume goes into a Failsafe state. All the output rails are low and ROT is also low.

Is it achieved through the use of WAK and/or ENA pins? We're not currently using these features and they are pulled low.

Usually we must wait ~10seconds before restarting the input supply to prevent this fault from occurring.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Albab_A
5 likes given 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please elaborate the power interrupt phenomenon in your case a bit more in order to better understand the query.

From what I have understood from your request, TLF35584 needs proper start-up timing wherein its post regulators are crossing the min threshold such in a sequential manner from 1-9 as described in the attached snapshot.

Albab_A_0-1704460449522.png

Detailed explanations for steps 1-9 are provided under the section 7.7.1 of the datasheet 

Regarding WAK/ENA, yes TLF35584 can only be move out from Failsafe by WAK/ENA.

Best Regards,

Albab

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Albab_A
5 likes given 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please elaborate the power interrupt phenomenon in your case a bit more in order to better understand the query.

From what I have understood from your request, TLF35584 needs proper start-up timing wherein its post regulators are crossing the min threshold such in a sequential manner from 1-9 as described in the attached snapshot.

Albab_A_0-1704460449522.png

Detailed explanations for steps 1-9 are provided under the section 7.7.1 of the datasheet 

Regarding WAK/ENA, yes TLF35584 can only be move out from Failsafe by WAK/ENA.

Best Regards,

Albab

0 Likes