Announcements

The EV market is bigger and better than ever. Join the EV Webinar to find out how you could best utiilize Power Management ICs for EVs.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Power Management ICs Forum Discussions

Vipula
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

I am using TLF35584 with STM32-nucleo-F103RB. Upto now I can read and write the registers and clear flag registers. Now I am trying to SPI write to Protected registers. I have followed following sequence but when I am reading the register PROTSTAT, I send 0x5000 and received 0x8002. Window watchdog and error pin doesnt disable yet(DEVSTAT). I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

Unlock:
0x8756
0x87DE
0x86AD
0x8625

Disable watchdog and error pin:
0x8D27
0x8A01

Lock:
0x87BE
0x8668
0x877D
0x8795

Can anyone guide me on this? I need to change the state init to normal after disabling watchdog and error pin.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply
G_Anshika
250 sign-ins 25 likes received 5 likes given

Hello,

When I tried to decode the Hex value as given by you, it matches with the datasheet values, means unlock bit and lock bit sequence is fine. 

For transitioning from INIT -> NORMAL-state:
Prerequisites:
• Watchdog(s) need to be serviced once according to default configuration or according to reconfiguration within the INIT timer
• ERR monitor needs to be serviced with a valid signal (minimum 3 periods) or disabled within the INIT timer.
• If functional watchdog is activated, a valid FWD triggering needs to be provided.
• A delay of 60µs after the provided services has to be considered to ensure proper release of internal validation signals.

Triggering Events:
• State transition is only initiated by the SPI command “Go to NORMAL”.

Please make sure that you are sending the valid SPI command.

Best Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes