TLF35584 CANNOT ENTER STANDBY OR SLEEP MODE

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
IzzetKorkmaz
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

TLF35584 on TC366TH v1.0 eval board can successfully enter normal mode. However when I try to switch to STANDBY mode or SLEEP mode it doesn't enter these modes. When I try to switch from normal mode to standby it enters to INIT state. Similarly, when I try to switch from normal to sleep it enters to WAKE state. I checked and confirmed that ENA , WAK and SPI commands. Also, I tried to switch from WAKE state to Standby state but it switched itself to INIT mode. I also can switch from INIT to Normal mode again. There is only two conditions that make impossible to switch to standby or sleep mode which is this condition:  "MCU current from QUC did not fall below configured threshold" and "MCU current from QUC did not fall below threshold if configured".

How can I configure MCU current from QUC threshold? or is this the only problem for switching between modes?

I need help. Look to state diagram in datasheet.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Izzet,

Have you checked below conditions?

dw_0-1652783916261.png

0 Likes
IzzetKorkmaz
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I checked ENA and WAK pins and they are in correct state. But how can I configure the current monitor settings? How can I activate it and modify its default settings?

0 Likes
Di_W

dw_0-1652787114283.png

dw_1-1652787121611.png

First you make sure the MCU is low power mode, and then you can try to configure above to check.

0 Likes

I configured those registers and confirmed that they are set. But how to make sure MCU is on low power mode? how to set it? 

0 Likes
Di_W
0 Likes

tc366th seems to draw 110mA in normal mode is it normal? TLF only enters init or wake modes due to current threshold problems in my opinion cuz ENA and WAK are always zero I confirmed by reading wake up status registers as well. AND, Even though I configured DEVCFG0 and DEVCFG2 registers at their maximum levels (100mA threshold and 1.6ms transition delay) still I cant switch. And I dont have access to documents you shared above, I emailed support and waiting for reply. 

0 Likes
Di_W
0 Likes