TLE9278's wakeup did not work

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ada
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi,all

I  use the TLE9278 to test sleep and wakeup function. When I  send the cmd to sleep, VEXT and VCC is OFF, 3.3V and 5v is OFF.

I set WK_CTRL_1 to WAKEUP_ENABLED, WK_PUPD_CTRL  to  PULL_DOWN_SELECTED, then I test it , 

I  give the high level to WK pin, and I hope TLE9278 will be waked up, and it could supply 3.3V and 5V .

But it is waked up first one or two times,then it could not be waked up again . The

3.3V and 5V would not be outputed .

I want to use Static Sense,will it  cause the problem? What should I do to solve the problem or  make  it work?

Ada_0-1647479716850.png

Ada_1-1647480251419.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello Ada,

I would like to understand the issue clearly here. Please confirm if my understanding is right. 

1. Device is set to Normal mode

2. Set WK pin as wakeup capable

3. Clear WK_STAT_0 & WK_STAT_2 registers

4. Configure BUS_CTRL_X registers

5. Apply sleep mode 

6. Once device is in sleep mode, apply a high pulse on WK pin

7. Once device wakes up, read the WK_WU bit to confirm the occurance of WK event. 

This sequence is performed several times. But the device works only for 3-4 times. After 4th time, the device is not waking up and remains in sleep continuously. 

Am i right? 

Once device goes to sleep, in what time are you applying a high pulse on wk pin?

And when device is in sleep, it cannot communicate and the register data cannot be read. Can you please confirm how you are reading the WK_WU bit status here. Also please let me know if FO bit is set during this course of action? 

Does this scenario repeat even after a power reset?

Regards

Meghana R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Meghana

Hello Ada,

Can you please confirm if you have also set WK_WU bit to 1 in WK_STAT_0 register. Also please check if this behavior is repeats even after resetting the power to the device and share us the DEV_STAT register data while this  wake operation through WK is not working. 

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes
Ada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Meghana

I debug the code , when I set the WK_CTRL_1 to WAKEUP_ENABLED, and read the WK_CTRL_1 , it replys 0x10c, the WK_EN is set to 1.

Then I set the sbc to sleep. it go  to sleep.

So I give the WK Pin to high level. it debug into the code again,  I read the WK_WU bit to 1 in WK_STAT_0 register is 1.

The  WK bit to 1 in WK_LVL_STAT register is  1.

It remains three or four times, then I  debug again, 

I read the WK_WU bit to 1 in WK_STAT_0 register is 0.

The  WK bit to 1 in WK_LVL_STAT register is  0.  The Sbc go to sleep again, I can not wake up the SBC from the WK high level.

WK high level works three or four times:

Ada_0-1647844060375.pngAda_1-1647844079844.pngAda_2-1647844102057.pngAda_3-1647844129305.png

failed:

Ada_4-1647844437501.pngAda_5-1647844460647.pngAda_6-1647844477982.pngAda_7-1647844497308.png

It's really weird, can you pin me where I'm going wrong?

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Ada,

Can you please let me know, how are you confirming that the device is going to Sleep? 

Regards

Meghana

0 Likes
Ada
Level 1
Level 1

I set the code M_S_CTR to sleep mode, then current is from  80mA to uA, the VCC 3.3V and VEXT 5V is OFF, 

so  I confirm that the device goes to sleep.

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Ada,

Apologies for the delayed response. We are analyzing the cause for your observation. Meanwhile, can you please let us know if you have tried to evaluate the same test sequence in development mode?

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes
Ada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Meghana

TLE9278 is  in development mode, when it can be waked up, I read  the WK_LVL_STAT, it replys 0x41, the WK bit is set. But it remains three or four times. The current shows  0.018A,  the , VEXT and VCC is OFF, I don't know how to solve it, please help me , thank you.

NOTE:

I  show the code  which it is going to sleep.

Ada_0-1649380642202.pngAda_1-1649380651158.pngAda_2-1649380801151.png

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello Ada,

I would like to understand the issue clearly here. Please confirm if my understanding is right. 

1. Device is set to Normal mode

2. Set WK pin as wakeup capable

3. Clear WK_STAT_0 & WK_STAT_2 registers

4. Configure BUS_CTRL_X registers

5. Apply sleep mode 

6. Once device is in sleep mode, apply a high pulse on WK pin

7. Once device wakes up, read the WK_WU bit to confirm the occurance of WK event. 

This sequence is performed several times. But the device works only for 3-4 times. After 4th time, the device is not waking up and remains in sleep continuously. 

Am i right? 

Once device goes to sleep, in what time are you applying a high pulse on wk pin?

And when device is in sleep, it cannot communicate and the register data cannot be read. Can you please confirm how you are reading the WK_WU bit status here. Also please let me know if FO bit is set during this course of action? 

Does this scenario repeat even after a power reset?

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes