TLE9255W INH pin driver type

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DuaneCook
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Table 1 in the TLE9255W datasheet states that the "INH" inhibit output is an open drain output pin.
However Table 11 in section 10.2.3 INH Output provides a specification for the minimum voltage when the INH output is enabled. This is specified as 0.8V below Vbat. This would indicate that the INH output pin has the ability to drive high to Vbat and is not a typical open-drain NMOS output that can only drive low.

Can anyone confirm the drive capabilities or configuration of the INH pin of the TLE9255W? I assume the pin is either a push-pull configuration, or possibly a PMOS open-drain that can only pull high.

The application example schematic in Figure 53 has no pull-up or pull-down resistor shown on the INH output to the LDO enable line. However, the test circuit for dynamic characteristics in figure 47 shows an Rinh pull-down resistor, which is listed as 100kOhm in table 19 for the timing specifications of the INH wake-up delta time twu_inh.

I would like to ensure I can interface power control logic to the pin correctly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi DuaneCook,

This is Infineon IP which cannot be provided to customer in detailed. 

But according to datasheet, it can output "high" and "low".

So I think the most possible structure of "open drain" should be like this:

Xiangrui_0-1699515917456.png

Then, either "high" (close to Vbat) or "low" can be output.

Best regards,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi DuaneCook,

This is Infineon IP which cannot be provided to customer in detailed. 

But according to datasheet, it can output "high" and "low".

So I think the most possible structure of "open drain" should be like this:

Xiangrui_0-1699515917456.png

Then, either "high" (close to Vbat) or "low" can be output.

Best regards,

Xiangrui

0 Likes