TLE92464ED design support

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chetantm
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First like received

I am using TLE92464ED for driving solenoid valves, i can see that solenoid is activating and the valve are actuated. but now i am interested in fault case of the solenoid, which are experimenting on channel failure cases.

these all are the Conditions which I tried/observation:

• Enabling the CHANNEL_CTRL – 8001, which is CH0 enable and other three channels are disabled – observed -Diag0 error -0200 and Diag1 error- 0202
  • Enabling the All the CHANNEL_CTRL – 800F, - both the Diag error Reg’s – observed-0000

• Enabled Ch0 only
    • Write-Channel Config-disabled Off state Diagnosis
    • On channel Config Reg- set Fixed Open Load Threshold.
    • Un-masked Ch0 only
    • Reading both Diag Registers
    • Reading F/B Reg
    • Read Pin stat
    • Reading Global Diag Reg's

Masked all Channels

* Solenoid not connected:

* Diag-0 Reg - 69000202h

*Diag-1 Reg - 69000202h

* F/B reg-DD60C119h

* pin stat- 6F00011Fh

* Global Diag0- F1000000h

* Global Diag1- F1000000h

* Global Diag2- F1000000h

* Solenoid connected:

* Diag-0 Reg - 69000200h

*Diag-1 Reg - 69000202h

* F/B reg- 5260C018h

* pin stat- 6F00011Fh

* Global Diag0- F1000000h

* Global Diag1- F1000000h

* Global Diag2- F1000000h

• No Fault on Diag0 when Ch0 -solenoid was not connected
      • Fault Checked on OSC-

* initially -High

*after program-Low

• Solenoid Activated
    • No Error on Global Diag Registers

please find the condition which i tried and observations.

Please help me to understand how to get fault on channels.

or is there any sample code or flow/steps to follow?

#TLE92464ED #TLE92464ED design support

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution
Mathi_E
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hello Chetan,

Your observation are correct for trying a Open load with OFF-state diagnosis: 

Diag-0 Reg - 69000200h = with solenoid connected. 

Diag-0 Reg - 69000202h = without solenoid connected. 
PS: In ON state diagnosis you device can not distinguish the fault between OL and SG. 

Device has different diagnostic function as ON-State and OFF-state to find the OL, SG, OC at load pin which is explained in the section 4.9 in datasheet. If you follow this it should work. 

1. Few thing you need to take care are: 
    The diagnosis indication bits are clear on write. So even after the GLOBAL CONFIG setting, try to clear all the GLOBAL_DIAGx, DIAG_WARN_CHRx and DIAG_ERR_CHRx by writing as no fault, basically with zeros in the register. 
  2. STEPOINT and EN_CH configuration help to select between ON and OFF state diagnosis. Kindly take care of this according to your requirement. 
  3. The diagnosis is only enabled if the device is in Mission Mode, which should be take care. 
  4. Then configure the Channel and Control it. 
  5. If you have fault then you can read the DIAG_ERR_CHGRx register to know the fault in load. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
elibarber
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 likes given

How are you controlling the evaluation board? Are you using one of the XMC boards?

0 Likes
chetantm
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First like received

Hi @elibarber ,

i am connecting this driver to Zynq-7000 FPGA board and driving through it.

i am able to activate all the channels/loads. but now i am experimenting and concentrating on fault case of channels.

0 Likes
Mathi_E
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hello Chetan,

Your observation are correct for trying a Open load with OFF-state diagnosis: 

Diag-0 Reg - 69000200h = with solenoid connected. 

Diag-0 Reg - 69000202h = without solenoid connected. 
PS: In ON state diagnosis you device can not distinguish the fault between OL and SG. 

Device has different diagnostic function as ON-State and OFF-state to find the OL, SG, OC at load pin which is explained in the section 4.9 in datasheet. If you follow this it should work. 

1. Few thing you need to take care are: 
    The diagnosis indication bits are clear on write. So even after the GLOBAL CONFIG setting, try to clear all the GLOBAL_DIAGx, DIAG_WARN_CHRx and DIAG_ERR_CHRx by writing as no fault, basically with zeros in the register. 
  2. STEPOINT and EN_CH configuration help to select between ON and OFF state diagnosis. Kindly take care of this according to your requirement. 
  3. The diagnosis is only enabled if the device is in Mission Mode, which should be take care. 
  4. Then configure the Channel and Control it. 
  5. If you have fault then you can read the DIAG_ERR_CHGRx register to know the fault in load.