TLE92464ED design support

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dkageff
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

I am looking at using the TLE92464ED solenoid driver IC in my current project.  I've read through the the datasheet and see that there a lot of configuration items.  Do you have any application notes or example code that can help me design with this chip?  My application will use the TLE92464ED to drive two solenoids with the channels configured in parallel mode to handle the required solenoid current.  I need to implement an "actuate and hold" type solenoid drive for efficiency and minimal heating of the solenoid.  Any information is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

Now I can fully understand your problem. You cannot use our GUI since you are using an NXP microcontroller. 
Unfortunately, we don't have any sample code you have requested. The only way is to go through the datasheet and make your configurations.
Please let us know if you face any challenges during the implementation. 

Thank you 

Vishnu Nambrath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vishnu_Nambrath

Hello,

I would like to introduce ICC tool and our Eval kit to you for getting started with TLE92464ED

ICC tool has 3 features.
The ICC Simulator helps to understand the characteristics and configuration options related to the solenoid´s driver current controller ICC (integrating current controller).
The Current Feedback provides a real-time based data set read back in combination with the Evaluation board. The measurement data of the IC´s functional safety feature "current supervision" is plotted in intuitive graphs.
Dither Calculator helps to calculate the register values.

ICC Tool link
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.solenoiddriver?_ga=2.195657580.179107087.16...

Regarding Eval kit,
You can get started with our Eval board for the development with TLE92464ED.
Install the GUI and start configuring the registers and make the application code.
The following documents help you to set up the environment.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/tle92464ed-evalboard/

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Next-Generation-Solenoid-Driver-Evaluation-Kit-getting-starte...

If you face any issues in the development, Please let us know.

Regards 

Vishnu Nambrath

dkageff
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Thanks Vishnu.  Unfortunately the ICC tool is not that helpful as a quickstart.  I hoping for some example C code that would help me understand a typical sequence of writing to the TLE92464ED to set, change current output, and other features of the chip.  I would think that there is some sample code from a test project that might be available.  Is it possible to get that?  Thanks again.

0 Likes

Hi Again.  I forgot to mention that we are using the Infineon TLE92464ED driver IC evaluation board for this project.  The processor board that it is plugged into is an NXP DEVKIT-MPC5748G with Arduino compatible I/O.

0 Likes
Vishnu_Nambrath

Hello, 

Now I can fully understand your problem. You cannot use our GUI since you are using an NXP microcontroller. 
Unfortunately, we don't have any sample code you have requested. The only way is to go through the datasheet and make your configurations.
Please let us know if you face any challenges during the implementation. 

Thank you 

Vishnu Nambrath

0 Likes