TLE9012 communication via uart doesn't respond

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
kunalsh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

i tried to communicate with TLE9012DQU_DTR_BMS2 throught a USB to UART converter , conneting GPIO1/UART_HS to TX and GPIO0/UART_LS to RX of USB to UART converter and able to wake the tle9012 by sending {0xAA,0xAA} via terminal , as i am able to see the 8 forwarded pulses at IFL_H & IFL_L as per data sheet this only happens after wakeup sequence. But unable to communicate by making prepared packet on terminal to service watdog, assign id but there is no response from the ic
is anything i am missing please help, all this excesize i am doing for custom firmware development and evaluation

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
SuhasBobade
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 solutions authored
Hi,

The device UART is a one-pin interface means TX and RX is one pin.

The UART_LS/UART_HS of the TLE9012 Device Pin and LS_TX and LS_RX is connected to the microcontroller as shown in the attached image.

This will resolve your issue.

BR,
Suhas

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SuhasBobade

Hi,

After powering U12P and GND, a wake-up signal via UART (directly to the TLE9012DQU) or iso UART (using the transceiver TLE9015DQU) is required. The wake-up signal is an alternating signal (for details see datasheet Chapter 6). Afterward, the device needs to be enumerated (see Chapter 3.1 of the User Manual) and the watchdog counter must be written cyclically otherwise the device goes back to sleep mode.

BR,

Suhas

0 Likes
kunalsh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I tried to initiate communication by sending {0x1E, 0x80, 0x36, 0x00, 0x01, 0xED} after a wake-up signal, but I did not receive any reply frames. I also attempted to send {0x1E, 0xBF, 0x3D, 0x00, 0x7F, 0x95} cyclically at intervals of 1 second or 500 milliseconds. Unfortunately, I did not receive any response from the integrated circuit (IC), and it appeared to return to sleep mode. When I repeated the wake-up signal, the same behavior occurred.

0 Likes
lock attach
SuhasBobade
Hi,

The device UART is a one-pin interface means TX and RX is one pin.

The UART_LS/UART_HS of the TLE9012 Device Pin and LS_TX and LS_RX is connected to the microcontroller as shown in the attached image.

This will resolve your issue.

BR,
Suhas

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello:

This is our schematic, can you help review it, thank you

yucheng_0-1699443068624.jpeg

Also, this device was replaced, from Figure 2 to Figure 3

yucheng_2-1699443167614.jpegFigure 2

Figure 3

yucheng_1-1699443122001.jpeg

0 Likes
SuhasBobade

Hi,

Is it possible for you to raise MSD case for this?

Kindly attach the complete schematic to that. We will definitely help you to review it.

BR,

Suhas

0 Likes